PDA

View Full Version : What to do with an extra TS wing?

Wade Lippman
01-22-2008, 3:22 PM
I got a new TS with a broken weld in the wing. (lets not get into why it even had a weld...) While waiting for the manufacturer to send a replacement I glued it back together with JBWeld and it seemed okay; but now I have the replacement.

Is it good for anything? I don't really trust the glue, so I don't want to sell it as a TS wing, but it is too nice to toss. Anything creative it is good for?

Jason Beam
01-22-2008, 3:40 PM
A (dry) Scary sharp station?

Maybe dead weight for a lathe base?

Depending on the location and size of the weld, maybe it'd work well bolted onto another tool for feed support?

Drill the crap out of it and use it to hold all your drill bits... it'd never tip over!

Doorstop?

Awkward club?

Polish it up REAL nice and make it a mirror :P

Super heavy duty kitchen cupboard shelf liner?

Collect a dozen or so more and use 'em as (dangerously slick) stair treds.

Bench seat?

ANYthing can be made into a clock.

A magnet holder!

Even better - a magnetic note holder - hang it on the wall and use it to hold paper notes with magnets.

Canoe anchor?

Probably wouldn't do great as an anvil, eh?

I think that's all I got.

scott spencer
01-22-2008, 3:42 PM
Can you rig it in tandem with the other wing....nuthin wrong with a little extra CI surface space...

Wade Lippman
01-22-2008, 3:57 PM
Can you rig it in tandem with the other wing....nuthin wrong with a little extra CI surface space...

I am putting a router table in there...

Charles Robertson
01-22-2008, 3:59 PM
The extra wing off of the older Delta Unisaw (which is removed when you install the Unifence), fits the Delta shaper. It did mine. Good luck. In keeping with some of the other ideas you are getting--if you dig a hole in your yard it would make a good lid. Al R.

Larry Fox
01-22-2008, 4:35 PM
Fly-swatter! :)

Wade Lippman
01-22-2008, 5:48 PM
Fly-swatter! :)

You must either be much stronger than me, or have really slow flies.

Steve Clardy
01-22-2008, 6:23 PM
Top for a roll around assembly bench/cabinet

Eddie Darby
01-22-2008, 10:36 PM
If the surface is flat, then you can use it to lap tools with it.

Larry Fox
01-22-2008, 10:53 PM
You must either be much stronger than me, or have really slow flies.

Sorry - just having some fun. Jason's post caught me at the right time of day and I found it really funny and thought I would continue. :)

Jason Beam
01-22-2008, 11:26 PM
There I go, causing trouble again! Maybe you could use the wing as a paddle??

Dean Egnater
01-23-2008, 1:57 AM
I use mine for a "scary sharp" glass substitue

Mike Cutler
01-23-2008, 5:14 AM
If the surface is flat, then you can use it to lap tools with it.

Yep. My thoughts exactly. That and tool setup.

Wade. Having a known dead flat reference in the shop is of great value, even one as small as a TS wing. Don't toss it.
I have the left side wing of my TS left over from when I installed a JessEm Mast-R-Slide. I use it for a lof of things.