PDA

View Full Version : Woodtek 20 inch Disk sander

Ray klosek
01-22-2008, 3:07 PM
I am thinking about getting this Woodtek sander. Does anyone have any experience with this sander? How about any experience with Woodtek machinery?

Thanks

Ray

Jesse Cloud
01-22-2008, 3:11 PM
We have that sander at the school I attend. Its a real workhorse, takes a lot of abuse from students who may not know how to use it correctly. Dust control works very well.

As you probably know, Woodtek is the house brand of Woodworker's Supply. Being close to the store in Albuquerque, I see a lot of Woodtek out here. General impression is that its a solid line without a lot of fancy bells and whistles. Haven't heard any complaints on reliability.

Lee Hingle
01-22-2008, 5:05 PM
I have an Enco brand 20" sander that I bought from ebay for about $350. You can usually get good deal on one if you find it close enough to pick up or so that shipping won't kill the deal.

IIRC, the Woodtek is $995 although sometimes I see it advertised for as much as $1295 in the Woodworker's Supply catalog.

Personally, I would look at this Platinum Series 20" disk sander from Laguna. At $795 it looks to be well built, 2hp single phase motor and 438# weight.

Good luck,
Lee