PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Error Message

Peter Meacham
01-22-2008, 2:10 PM
I receive an error message in Trotec Job Control "Cannot position any more jobs on this plate" when I try to send a job from the job queue to the plate.

I sent this same job earlier today with no problems.

This is a 12" x 12" job sending to a 28" x 17" plate. Smaller sized jobs, say 3" x 4", get to the plate OK.

I have a Speedy 100 machine.

I have rebooted, restarted Job Control, etc.

If I change the .ini file regarding table size, to slighly larger, the job I want to print works OK. However, my job has lots of registration marks and pre-positioned artwork that I don't want to reposition to accomodate the change to the .ini file.

It is obviously a size issue, but this job printed fine earlier and, in any case is much smaller than the plate size. It should print!!!

Any Trotec owners that have had this problem and can recommend a solution.

Thanks, Pete

Michael Kowalczyk
01-22-2008, 8:11 PM
Hey Peter,
I do not recall ever having this problem with mine but you may want to just check your preflight settings before you send it to job Control. make sure your output size's match. What version JC do you have? If anything else just call tech support. They have always been very helpful for me, the few times I have had to call.

Mike Null
01-22-2008, 11:35 PM
I've had that message pop up and invariably I haven't sized the plate properly. This usually happens when I am trying to start the laser at a particular point in the material. If you're trying to do that and haven't reduced your plate size in your drawing then that message will pop up.

For example, if you're trying to position a 12x12 plate centered 4 inches from the rulers you'll get that message.

Peter Meacham
01-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks Michael and Mike

I did work with Scott at support and all we could do is increase the table size in the .ini file - that worked except that now all my artwork was off by the size change. What is annoying is that the same drawing was sent earlier with no problems. (I was trying to re-laser the material to darken some areas. I could not move the image in Corel because it would be too hard to make everything line up properly). Anyway, I will look at the plate size issue again this AM and get it working. It would be nice if the error message were more exact with the problem.

Thanks for your inputs. Pete

Sean Bullock
01-23-2008, 11:13 AM
It would be nice if the error message were more exact with the problem.

I agree. One of the only issues I have with the Trotec software is that the error messages can be read with a strong Austrian (Arnold Schwarzenegger) accent. Sometimes it can be difficult to decipher.