PDA

View Full Version : Source for 6" ASTM 2729 PVC in Atlanta Area?

Barry Lloyd
01-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Any Atlanta area woodworkers know of a source for 6" Thinwall PVC for DC piping in the Atlanta area? I've tried calling a laundry list of companies and no one has it in stock. A few said they would order if I would foot the bill for the freight. Hoping to avoid that if possible. My local Lowes carries all the fittings but no pipe.

Thanks,
Barry

Art Mann
01-22-2008, 12:14 PM
If that is the sewer and drain pipe, then the Lowes store in my area carries it. Ask for S & D pipe instead of ASTM 2729 and you might have more success.

Jim O'Dell
01-22-2008, 12:57 PM
The only sewer and drain pipe Lowes carries aroud us in the green SDR35, and it is thicker walled than the S&D 2729. But I agree, don't ask for the number, ask for thin wall gravity fed 6" sewer and drain pipe. If you are in the Atlanta area, ck with McMaster-Carr and pick it up. All my fixtures I ordered from them were shipped out of Atlanta. The other place to look for it is the big PVC pipe/plumber supply yards. Locally the place is Morrison Supply, but they are only in the states that touch Texas. Call a few plumbers and ask where they purchase their big pipe. I bet they can give you some names of local yards to try. Jim.

Barry Lloyd
01-23-2008, 7:02 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm having one of those "Duh!" moments...

After scouring the local Yellow Pages, Goggling until my eyes crossed, and calling pretty much every plumbing and irrigation supply house in Atlanta, I never came across the fact that McMaster-Carr had a warehouse right here in town (I work about 15 mins from their location). They didn't show up in any of my searchs. I even went to their website and checked into ordering the pipe from them but was hoping to avoid the freight cost. Never noticed they had locations outside Chicago. Looks like I can place a will call order and pick it this afternoon.

Thanks again,
Barry

Mike Marcade
01-23-2008, 8:39 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm having one of those "Duh!" moments...

After scouring the local Yellow Pages, Goggling until my eyes crossed, and calling pretty much every plumbing and irrigation supply house in Atlanta, I never came across the fact that McMaster-Carr had a warehouse right here in town (I work about 15 mins from their location). They didn't show up in any of my searchs. I even went to their website and checked into ordering the pipe from them but was hoping to avoid the freight cost. Never noticed they had locations outside Chicago. Looks like I can place a will call order and pick it this afternoon.

Thanks again,
Barry

I was gonna suggest Mcmaster-Carr too, I know the Atlanta warehouse is where all the stuff I order comes from.

Jim Becker
01-23-2008, 10:01 AM
In addition to M-C, try irrigation companies.

Barry Lloyd
01-23-2008, 7:21 PM
No need to Jim but thanks for the advice...McMaster-Carr had everything I needed!

Placed my order online as a Will Call. An hour later I drove the 20 minutes to their warehouse on my lunch break, and low and behold, it was all sitting there waiting on me. Now I just need some quality alone time in the shop to get it all together. My new Grizzly 2HP cyclone has been patiently waiting over in the corner for a couple of weeks now...

Thanks,
Barry