PDA

View Full Version : I owe Grizzly a partial apology...

Wade Lippman
01-21-2008, 4:57 PM
I got my G1023SL two weeks ago and found one wing was broken. They had gotten the holes wrong, cut out pieces, welded new pieces in, and redrilled it. The weld broke on installation.
I reported it to them; they said they didn't have any wings, but would ship me one as soon as they did. I had serious doubts I would ever see a replacement; so I "fixed" it with JBWeld. It couldn't fix the fact that the wing was warped and the holes were out of alignment, but it seemed to hold together.

Today the replacement showed up. It has a few cosmetic challenges, but is functionally fine.

So, while I would still fault them for not scrapping the original wing and for not communicating better; it all worked out okay.

Steve Clardy
01-21-2008, 5:17 PM
Glad they took care of you

Joe Chritz
01-21-2008, 5:21 PM
As I have mentioned before, I can overlook a bad part. PooPoo happens as they say.

What I can't overlook is poor handling of said bad part. It appears that this was handled well, as I expected it would.

They have to sell a ton of those saws. I know when I picked up my planer it was one of three on the dock that day.

Glad it worked out good.

Joe

keith ouellette
01-21-2008, 7:50 PM
Glad to hear it worked out. That JB weld is great stuff, isn't it.