PDA

View Full Version : Lathe Stands

Bernie Weishapl
01-21-2008, 1:42 PM
Well got the lathe stands done for the Nova and the Rikon. I decided to use the small bench that the Nova was on for the Rikon. I enclosed the Nova stand. It has a shelf in the middle with a compartment below for 400 lbs. of sand and a flip down door for my chucks, adaptors, drill chucks, etc. Worked out pretty well. Had some cherry stain that has been around awhile and decided to use it up. Didn't turn out to bad and at least my accessories will stay cleaner.

Bill Bolen
01-21-2008, 1:57 PM
Way to go Bernie! Nice setup...Bill...

Ben Gastfriend
01-21-2008, 2:18 PM
Nice job! Looks like you got alot of storage below the Nova.

Hilel Salomon
01-21-2008, 5:57 PM
Too neat Bernie. Too neat!!!
Regards, Hilel

Brian McInturff
01-21-2008, 6:19 PM
Nice Bernie. Looks real handy too.

Gary Herrmann
01-21-2008, 6:36 PM
Nice Bernie, looks like a big version of those flip down drawers my wife has in the kitchen under the stove top.

Bill Blasic
01-22-2008, 8:03 AM
Nice Job Bernie!

Steve Schlumpf
01-22-2008, 8:38 AM
Nice work - I really like the idea of having your tools close at hand and clean! You are getting way to organized!

Bob Hallowell
01-22-2008, 9:12 AM
Nice work Bernie, I try to get organized but then I can't find anything

Bob

robert hainstock
01-22-2008, 9:32 AM
I'm with Bob,I'd never be able to find anything if I put it the same place every time. actually I very much admirethe neat people, I just know I'll never be one of them. My shop will always look like the aftermath of a tornado. :o:o
Bob

Bernie Weishapl
01-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the kind comments. Yes I do know about the being organized. When I do get that way then I can't find nothing. I figured with the enclosed cabinet that it will keep 6" of chips off my accessories. Also in the compartment with the sand bags I also keep a lot of my turning blanks so that makes it fairly nice.

Glenn Clabo
01-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Nice job Bernie!
You also gave me an idea...I also have to get one of those little kneeling pads so I stop destroying the old kneecaps when I'm working in the shop.

Bernie Weishapl
01-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Yep Glenn I couldn't kneel on concrete if I didn't have them. I also have some gel filled knee pad that strap on that work great.

Tom Sherman
01-22-2008, 2:50 PM
Very nice work Bernie. Should be a great help in the shop.

Ivory Martin
01-18-2009, 9:05 AM
Well got the lathe stands done for the Nova and the Rikon. I decided to use the small bench that the Nova was on for the Rikon. I enclosed the Nova stand. It has a shelf in the middle with a compartment below for 400 lbs. of sand and a flip down door for my chucks, adaptors, drill chucks, etc. Worked out pretty well. Had some cherry stain that has been around awhile and decided to use it up. Didn't turn out to bad and at least my accessories will stay cleaner.

Bernie,

I know the tool shelf is supported on the installed angle-iron bracket, but how are you supporting the compartment that holds the sand?

John