Dave,

Nice work, be proud.

Heather

Dave Cohen
01-21-2008, 9:55 AM
Thanks Heather :)

Mike Cutler
01-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Nice work Dave. That one table looks pretty hefty. Well done on the live edge design for it also. Did you also make the chairs?
Good work. All of it.

Jim Becker
01-21-2008, 10:27 AM
Dave, very nice work! And it looks like you have a happy "customer", too...

If you would, perhaps you'll consider uploading a few of the project pictures to SMC so that they stay with the thread. It's easy to do...instructions at the top of the Forum Tech Support forum.

Dave Cohen
01-21-2008, 10:52 AM
will do...when I come up for air, thanks everyone for the kind words

gary Zimmel
01-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Nice work Dave.

I agree with Jim it would be nice to have the pics on the site.

Doug Swanson
01-21-2008, 3:29 PM
Dave,
Very nice...I like the kids bed...I have a 2yr girl that will be needing a bed in a year or so...did you have a plan for that or just sketch it out?

thanks
ds

Thom Sturgill
01-21-2008, 5:00 PM
Nice work, I LOVE the tables!

Dave Cohen
01-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Dave,
Very nice...I like the kids bed...I have a 2yr girl that will be needing a bed in a year or so...did you have a plan for that or just sketch it out?

thanks
ds

I winged it, but I did create a template out of 1/4" MDF to form the curves for the head and foot board top rails. This was built out of poplar and maple when I was on a mortise and tenon kick (after purchasing a Delta benchtop mortiser). The rails are poplar and for the posts I glued up 3/4" maple from the borg to form 1 1/2"x1 1/2" pieces. The long rails that support the mattress are 3/4" maple, and I bought this hardware from rockler to connect the stretchers to the posts:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10&filter=bed%20hardware

The wainscot panels are pre-primed MDF (from the borg too), that fit together tongue in groove, so all rails and stiles are dadoed to receive the panels. Then just paint carefully. I went for a painted project for my first M&T project bc I was afraid that my glue work would be too messy for a wood finish. Now I realize this can be easily solved with painter's tape.