PDA

View Full Version : Question for owners of a Ridgid R2610 sander

Mike Henderson
01-20-2008, 3:36 PM
I recently purchased a Ridgid 6" R2610 sander which has the dual orbits - 1/4" and 1/8" - which you set by rotating the sanding disk, after pushing the locking button.

Here's my question: "How do you tell which orbit it's set to (1/4" or 1/8")?" I've read the documation and looked all over the sander but I can't figure it out.

It's probably something simple and I'm just missing it.

Mike

David Romano
01-21-2008, 1:44 PM
On the side of the sander near the button, there is a rather cryptic drawing showing which is which. Easier than that though is to set it to one then the other and eyeball each to see which is which. The difference shouyld be noticeable when you turn the disc by hand. I always leave mine set to the 1/4".

David

Joe Chritz
01-21-2008, 3:03 PM
Push in to set.

Push in on the 1/4" and it is 1/4, same for 1/8.

The manual mentions something about it, I had to do the eyeball test to find out before I checked the manual for something else and found it.

Joe

Mike Henderson
01-21-2008, 4:40 PM
Thanks for the replies. I eventually called Ridgid and they told me how to tell what it's set at.

When its set at 1/4" the pad is moved sidewards more than when its set at 1/8". When its set at 1/4", you can see the red top of the base pad sticking out the side when you look directly down on the sander (with your head directly above the motor). When its set at 1/8" the pad is not sticking out the side as much and you can't see the red top of the pad when looking directly down on the sander.

The problem, though, is that the pad wears (even on top) and after the sander has been used a good bit it's hard to see the red top of the sanding pad when its set to 1/4".

Mike