PDA

View Full Version : looking for band saw roller guides made by Thompson see pic,s

jeff Stanko
01-20-2008, 12:25 PM
I recently purchased a used 14" delta band saw. It had the orignal bottom and top Delta band saw guides removed and replaced with guides that one has etched in it Thompson. These Bottom and top guides are unique in that the two guides have rollers that rotate on the blade in a vertical fashion with one guide having a shoulder acting as the back thrust bearing. It seems that they set an angle to the blade in one direction and the other in the opposite direction this then puts extra tension on the blade at this point keeping it vertically straight.
While these work there are grooves in the roller guides and I would like to see if I can replace them. I have searched this on the iternet and found the orignal Patents from Inventor William E. Thompson from Middeltown IN . I can not find any supllier of these guides. Any information would greatly be appreciated.

Sorry for the double post but this is the first time I used this site and wanted to add ppictures to my post but did not know how to. So I entered the post again.

Please view pictures of band saw blade guides made by Thompson,
I have attached upper and lower guide pictures along with patent pages that I found on the internet, that look similar to these guides.

Best Regards
Jeff