PDA

View Full Version : Lie Nielsen Shows

Brodie Brickey
01-20-2008, 11:15 AM
I don't normally wander into this particular forum often, come to think of it, this might be my first time... Anyways, I caught the Lie Nielsen show in Costa Mesa, CA yesterday. They are hitting a couple other spots around the country and if you're in the area I recommend you check it out.

Demonstrators: Ron Hock, Brian Boggs, W. Patrick Edwards, Kevin Drake, and Tom Lie-Nielsen.

One of the great things was to be able to pick up any plane or other tool and try it out. I got to try out a plane James Krenov made for Ron Hock and learned along the way how to setup a plane properly.

The show is almost like a small family grouping or club rather than all the noise of a full wood show.

Link to the shows:
http://www.lie-nielsen.com/?pg=1

Mark Roderick
01-20-2008, 12:31 PM
I had the opportunity to attend the L-N show in Philadelphia last autumn. It really was terrific and I would highly recommend attending to anybody who has the opportunity. Not ony can you try out the tools, but you can also pick up lots of knowledge watching people who use the tools for a living.

Mike Heidrick
01-23-2008, 10:36 PM
Do they sell LN tools at these shows? Looks like there is a Chicago one in April.

Mark Stutz
01-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Mike,
Tom LN hosts these shows, athis expense. You can order from them, though do not bring a lot of the heavier items, but will ship without charge IIRC. The best thing is they bring in other hand tool makers, demonstrators, etc. Not sure who will be in Chicago, but lok at the other events in Cal. to get an idea. If you are at all intwerested in hand tools these are great.

Mark

Narayan Nayar
02-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Chris Schwarz (Popular Woodworking, Woodworking Magazine) and Jon Economaki (Bridge City Toolworks) will be at the Oakland event in Feb. And I'll be there too, though I doubt anyone will be coming to see me :)

Brian Kent
02-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Do they sell LN tools at these shows? Looks like there is a Chicago one in April.

Mike, speaking for a show last year, yes, they sold their tools at a 10% discount.