PDA

View Full Version : Granddaughter's First WW Project

Dave Verstraete
01-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Ashley's first project ( OK- I helped her a little) was part of a school assignment. She asked her Papa (Me) to help her make a Cherry Bench that she had picked out of one of my WOOD magazines. I was tickled to say the least.

We sorted through my lumber and she came up with the right pieces. I helped her make some of the difficult cuts. It was finished with Tung Oil.

Mike McCann
01-20-2008, 11:20 AM
WOW great bench how old is your granddaughter she does some nice work.

Jim Becker
01-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Very nice work and a lovely bench! How old is Ashley?

I'm thinking of offering each of my daughters the opportunity to make something like this for their new rooms after our addition is completed. 'Not sure if they will take me up on that, but I'm hoping... :)

gary Zimmel
01-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Dave

Nice looking bench.

Every time you or your granddaughter look at it, it will bring back a lot of special memories.

Dave Verstraete
01-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Ashley is 15. She still wants to hang out with Papa for short periods of time.

Bill Huber
01-20-2008, 11:58 AM
That is just a really nice looking bench no matter who made it.

Is she going to start her own furniture building company..

Mark Blum
01-20-2008, 3:16 PM
Looks great, and it seems like a perfect project for a youngster. Simple enough construction to be manageable for a new woodworker (with help), but substantial enough in size to give her the pride of building a real piece of furniture.

Bob Feeser
01-20-2008, 3:41 PM
I'm sure she did enough to make it her own, and Dad did enough to make it a cherished keepsake. You know that bench will be with her for a lifetime.
Here is a new phrase, "The family that woodworks together, stays together". Isn't that what families are all about? Working together to improve one anothers lives.

Bryan Berguson
01-20-2008, 4:05 PM
Very nice bench! I can tell you're very proud and I don't blame you a bit! :)

Is that a hickory floor that it's sitting on?

Bryan

Ralph Okonieski
01-20-2008, 5:36 PM
That is one very, very nice bench! Well done!!

John Bartley
01-20-2008, 6:07 PM
This is very elegant for such a supposedly straightforward project. I'd say that there's a lot of potential in that young lady. The bench looks perfect.

cheers eh?

Dave Ray
01-20-2008, 8:18 PM
Very nice bench, Ashley. Papa hope you got some pic's of you both during the build. This a family treasure and will become more so as time goes by.

Bruce Page
01-20-2008, 8:31 PM
Beautiful bench Dave - you both should be proud.

John Thompson
01-20-2008, 8:46 PM
If Miss Ashley made that mostly herself, Miss Ahsley should be congratulated as she has some hidden talents you brought to the surface.

Great looking bench, Miss Ashley... Keep on keeping on!

Sarge..