PDA

View Full Version : Delta32-441 Contractor Saw Question

Mike Earl
01-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Hi All again

I decided to keep the Delta and reassembled it in my workshop tonight. No leftover parts and I have to admit the Unifence is a HUGE improvement over the old Craftsman saw. I checked all the adjustments and everything is pretty good EXCEPT....the blade when fully lowered is about 1/16 inch above the table. I searched everywhere for a set screw adjustment, cleaned it well, lubricated everything twice and it still doesnt lower quite below the table.

I finally Googled Delta and went to their new Web Site and the tech sheet for the old style saws does say that the blade may be up to an 1/8 inch above the table and make sure you have the gaurd on. Does that sound right, the height not the gaurd, did I miss an adjustment somewhere ? I just cant recall a saw that the blade didnt retract fully below the table.

Thanks for your advice

Mike Earl

Chuck Lenz
01-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Mine is a 34-445X that was made in 95 and the blade does go below the top, infact the arbor drops so low it touches one of the trunion rods. I looked for a adjustble stop also inside the saw and didn't see a adjustment proceedure in the manual either. If there is one, I'd like to know, The same goes for raiseing the blade, I'd like some control on that too. Seems odd theres no stops.

Lewis Ehrhardt
01-21-2008, 1:39 AM
I had the same problem with mine, found it had some woodchips caught in the groove causing it not to fully retract. Not sure if this applies. maybe worth a look.