PDA

View Full Version : Great Day!

Jim Hill
01-19-2008, 10:00 PM
I had asked about a new rest for my Jet mini, and weighing the advice given here, on Friday I picked up a Sorby post and a 6 inch and 9 inch crossbar rest. Then, today I, along with my wife and son, went to the Woodworkers Show in Indianapolis. Didn't buy anything at the show and decided to go to the Indianapolis Rockler. I hadn't been there before; it was full of people. Anyway, to make a long story short, I bought a Talon chuck along with the adapter and a #1 jaw set. We're tired tonight, but I can't wait for tomorrow. My youngest son is home from college and he's excited to spend some time at the lathe tomorrow, with me.

Jim

Bernie Weishapl
01-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Sounds like a great day to me and a great time was had. Sounds like dad and son are going to have a good time.

Steve Schlumpf
01-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Sure sounds like it would have been a great day - spending it with family and checking out all the woodworking gear! You're gonna love the Talon chuck! Very simple to use and a super strong grip! You and your son have fun on the lathe! Looking forward to seeing what you turned!