PDA

View Full Version : LA Enterprise CNC Mfg-how they helped me

Larry Bratton
01-19-2008, 6:18 PM
I have a CNC router that I have owned about 4 years. The machine is a Wart Hog branded 50x100 servo type. It was manufactured by a company that was purchased by LA Enterprises in Tennessee. They purchased the Wart Hog name and have since redesigned the machines from the originals.

This week, we had a large job that consisted of cutting out 500 plus pieces of mdf material. While cutting along the Y axis of one the Z axis dropped like a rock and the bit went all the way down to collett. This turned out to be a broken wire in the wiring harness connector between the Z axis servo and the drive.

I called LA Enterprises. They were under no obligation whatsoever to assist me. BUT, Jeremy Wess, their sales manager and Allen French, spent what I would guess to be a couple of hours on the phone with me trying to trouble shoot the problem. They shipped me a new Z axis servo and told me if we found the servo wasn't the problem we could return it without penalty.

Point is, that any of you guys looking to buy a machine. You might want to take a look at them. I've spent very little on my machine in the four years I've had it and it's paid for itself several times. Tech support is high on my list and I just wanted to post how much they tried to help when they weren't obligated to me at all.

Mike Null
01-20-2008, 7:22 AM
Larry

I'm glad to hear you got such great service but I don't agree they had no obligation to you.

What would have been your remarks if they had said sorry but you're out of warranty and we can't help you?

Larry Bratton
01-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Larry

I'm glad to hear you got such great service but I don't agree they had no obligation to you.

What would have been your remarks if they had said sorry but you're out of warranty and we can't help you?
Mike:
I would have had NO remarks. They would have been completely within their rights to have said that or that their would be a charge (not unlike most companies with out of warranty equipment.) That was actually what I was expecting but that's my point. They helped me without reserve.
They didn't even build the machine. It was built by a company that they acquired. They only acquired the rights to the name. Although it bore their brand name, it didn't even use the same brands of components, the overall design is different etc. I had owned the machine before they ever came on the scene.
So how do you figure they had an obligation to me?

Mike Null
01-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Larry
I'm not arguing that they didn't go beyond the call of duty and that you are right to compliment them but to think that they had no responsibility to owners of their equipment is wrong.

Even if they have an hourly rate after the warranty period they still have the obligation of good business practices to assist you in getting back up and running.

Both my Newing-Hall and Trotec offer free tech support after the warranty period. I believe your Epilog does as well.

Larry Bratton
01-20-2008, 6:29 PM
Larry
I'm not arguing that they didn't go beyond the call of duty and that you are right to compliment them but to think that they had no responsibility to owners of their equipment is wrong.

Even if they have an hourly rate after the warranty period they still have the obligation of good business practices to assist you in getting back up and running.

Both my Newing-Hall and Trotec offer free tech support after the warranty period. I believe your Epilog does as well.
Mike:
Oh, I agree with that. But those guys must have spent two hours on the phone with me, sent several e-mails, responded every time I called and had replacements for the suspect parts shipped out on an expedited basis.
I just find it hard to believe that many companies would go to the lengths they did to provide assistence to someone that was never a customer of their's at all. I never spent a dollar with them, it just happened that I have a machine that has their name on it.
Under any circumstances, they did the right thing for sure and this is just my way of letting others know it was appreciated. And, simply to say, that if your in the market for a machine, at least give them a look.
Enough said.