PDA

View Full Version : Just a BIG thanks to all !!!!!!

Bill Huber
01-19-2008, 12:46 PM
The core group on this forum are the guys that have been around for awhile and have the skills and knowledge of what they are doing. I see it all the time when they reply to questions that have been ask over and over again but they still answer it and don't make the person feel bad for asking.

For me I have been here for less then a year and have ask a lot of questions and have never been made to feel like a dummy for not knowing the answer.

Any time I have posted a project I have gotten very good feed back on it. It may not have been a really great project like a lot I see but to me it was.
This type of feed back gives me the confidence to do a little more on the next one, try some a new way to do it or use a different tool that I have never used before. I know that I have a whole group of very skilled people backing me up when I get stumped or just don't understand what or how it needs to be done.

I have been on many different forums and newgroups over the last 15 years and I will have to say this is one of the best around. From day one I have never been made to feel like a newbie or a dummy.

I am making a little project right now and when I dry fitted it altogether last night I really felt good, all the lock rabbets fit like they should, all the dados were spot on with each other, the thing was spot on square and the whole thing went together without a hitch. Now why did this happen, it was because of the information and confidence that I have received from the people on this forum.

A Big Thanks !!!!

Billy Chambless
01-19-2008, 1:09 PM
I just want to echo everything Bill said above.

David Tiell
01-19-2008, 1:11 PM
Thanks, Bill, for speaking for a LOT of us on here! Classy move! I don't say thank you nearly as often as I should to those here who help so willingly. So, I'm going to join Bill and say THANKS! to all who help!

Dave

Dan Barr
01-19-2008, 1:17 PM
a big thanks to all the pro's who help us along. this place is invaluable. i cant believe contributing is an issue though. blows my mind.

THANKS!!! All of you.

dan :)

Heather Thompson
01-19-2008, 1:34 PM
Bill,

Great post and I have to agree with all that have followed on this thread, I am so glad to have stumbled into the Creek last October. Great information here, wonderful people, all around great community.

Heather

keith ouellette
01-19-2008, 1:43 PM
Can't agree more.

Glenn Clabo
01-19-2008, 4:35 PM
Bill,
I'm really glad you have said this. The last few weeks have been interesting in many ways.
There are many reasons why people stick around here. Sometimes it's to help...sometimes it's to be helped. But most of the time it's because it's simply nice to be around good people.
It's been somewhat of a bumpy ride for those of us who followed Keith to his shop many years ago...but it's been worth it.

Michael Short
01-19-2008, 5:02 PM
Bill,

I second your comments. I have been here about 6 months as well and it is a great forum and fantastic folks that that make it great. My Thanks to the group as well.

John Lannon
01-19-2008, 5:36 PM
The people who frequent this forum are definately the most respectful I have seen online.

Shannon Seelig
01-19-2008, 6:09 PM
I too feel the same way! It is nice to be able to ask "newbie" questions and not feel like a dumb bell for asking them EVEN IF THEY ARE REPEATED AND REPEATED AND REPEATED :p. People on here are just great and very helpful! I say THANK YOU AS WELL!

Ken Shoemaker
01-19-2008, 7:12 PM
I certainly a "newbie" at best... I think 90% + of any success I enjoy from this hobby is a product of those who to whom I'd like to say THANK YOU.

Thanks for starting this thread bill. Long over due.... Ken

Jim O'Dell
01-19-2008, 7:54 PM
I agree too, Bill. Great people here. I've gotten lots of information to questions I've asked over the years. Hopefully I've been able to give a little back, and can contribute more as my skills continue to develop over the coming years. Jim.

Bill Wyko
01-19-2008, 8:05 PM
I'm with you Bill. I'm pretty much down to one site, SMC. You all are alright.:D

Jim Solomon
01-19-2008, 8:51 PM
I agree 100% Bill. I stumbled onto this site a few weeks ago and even though there was one week till the new year I joined and paid for the remainder of '07 and '08. The help I receive here is a lot more valuable then the "dues". Plus everyone is friendly, I never met any of these people but feel like we are all friends. One thing I would like to add to this, I think it would be great if you are given ansolution to a problem and besides saying thank you, letting the rest of us know if it worked. I read a lot of posts and find my question has already been asked, but sometimes no answer as to whether the solution worked or not. I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to help me out, answer my questions, and just taking the time to comment on something. All of you are great people.
Jim

Craig D Peltier
01-19-2008, 10:59 PM
I agree this site is top notch. Theres some fantastic craftsman on here. Many have helped me dive headfirst into a trade that I was 10 years rusty to. They have always come up with great solutions and creative ideas.
I also cant belive that more people cant chip in after how much they have learned from this site..

Thanks

Bill Wyko
01-20-2008, 12:23 AM
I noticed every responder is also a contributor. Proof of value is a small contribution. Good job everyone.

Lee Koepke
01-20-2008, 9:11 AM
I find something new here almost every day I log in.

Example: the dado thread mentioned the slightest most painfully obvious statement and that will not only save me countless minutes, and save me from frustrations.......

thanks from me as well.

Don Bullock
01-20-2008, 9:17 AM
Bill, you "hit the nail on the head" with your statements. I've learned a tremendous amount of information in the short time I've been here. It's amazing to me how much expertise is is available from people who truly know what they are doing. The LOML aka SWMBO thinks you people are the best. If you think a tool is one that I "need" that's enough for her. Thanks to all.

gary Zimmel
01-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Bill

Thanks for the post. I to believe this is the place to get some of the best advice or opinions on things we are having problems with.
We spend a lot of time making some of our projects and it is nice to have some of our fellow woodworkers give us a few compliments and critique things to push us to do better on the next one.

Best $6.00 I have ever spent......

Dave Verstraete
01-20-2008, 11:17 AM
I couldn't agree more, Bill. I have been a "lurker" for a while and decided to contribute and join the group.

Another satisfied newbie