PDA

View Full Version : American police are so helpful (funny story)

Mitchell Andrus
01-19-2008, 12:20 PM
One of my wife's co-workers was visiting from India for about a month - first time in the US.

He mentioned that the police seem to stop and help so many people on the side of the road. They don't stop and help in India like that.

Yes... even speeders need help sometimes, huh?

Matt Meiser
01-19-2008, 12:39 PM
She's right. I just saw them stop and help the guy who blew through a red light next to us last night.

Gary Keedwell
01-19-2008, 1:26 PM
Yea, they are always helping me increase my insurance surcharge.:eek::o

Gary

Michael Gibbons
01-19-2008, 3:11 PM
Police PR. They want you to know they are always around.

Pat Germain
01-19-2008, 6:48 PM
That is a pretty humerous observation. ;)

Having visited numerous third-world countries, believe me, our police are very helpful. Yeah, they seem to spend much of their time ticketing and collecting from the public at large, but if you're in genuine distress, most American Police Officers will risk their lives to help you. In fact, CNN has been showing a clip of a policeman pull a guy from a burning car.

I don't know about India, but in many countries the police are little more than hired goons for whatever two-bit dictator is in charge. They'll keep order, but typically bust numerous heads as standard procedure. They also collect from the public at large, but don't bother issuing tickets, if you know what I mean.

Mike Cutler
01-19-2008, 9:26 PM
Yep. They've helped me a time or two. Well, maybe a little more than that.:eek:..
I was pretty wild for a few years of my life.;)