PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doings....

Greg Wandless
03-01-2004, 8:51 AM
Even with the great weather we had in Northern VA this weekend I still found time to do little bit in the shop. Got some stain and shellac on the torsion box shelves for the library and a new table made for my home built band saw.

Jim Becker
03-01-2004, 9:15 AM
The table on that bandsaw looks awesome! Nice job...very clean an functional. Be sure to post photos of those shelves installed, too.

Greg Wandless
03-01-2004, 9:19 AM
Thanks Jim,

I have this evening to myself , the wife is off to pottery class, so I should be able to get a couple coats of shellac on the shelves.

Greg

John Miliunas
03-01-2004, 10:00 AM
Thanks Jim,

I have this evening to myself , the wife is off to pottery class, so I should be able to get a couple coats of shellacon the shelves.

Greg

Hey Greg, nice job on the above, but how about some detailed shots of that homebuilt BS?! Hmmmm...I'm in need of a bigger lathe. You do those, too? :D :cool:

Eric Sanford
03-01-2004, 11:52 AM
I had good weekend with lots of shop time, too.

started cutting the dovetails for a tool cabinet case and then began work on a corner cabinet I am making for a friend at work. Got the top and panels glued up and and the parts for the case dimensioned.

Eric

Tyler Howell
03-01-2004, 12:03 PM
Very Nice Eric,
I sure could use a Neander shop tour.;)

Tyler Howell
03-01-2004, 12:08 PM
Great Greg!
Do you have design details on your BS Top?

Eric Sanford
03-01-2004, 3:47 PM
Tyler, just give me a shout and I'll even try to do some cleaning first :)

Greg Wandless
03-01-2004, 4:19 PM
Hey Greg, nice job on the above, but how about some detailed shots of that homebuilt BS?! Hmmmm...I'm in need of a bigger lathe. You do those, too? :D :cool:

John thanks and as a matter of fact I did build my own lathe. Check out my shop tour on my website http://gwandless.home.att.net. I have had a few people ask about my BS so maybe I'll take some pics tonight and add them to the website, I'll let you know when they are there.

Cheers,
Greg

Tyler Howell
03-01-2004, 5:45 PM
Tyler, just give me a shout and I'll even try to do some cleaning first :)
Don't do that. It will upset the creative energy flow.

TX

Eric Sanford
03-01-2004, 6:01 PM
but if I didn't I couldn't fit two people into the shop! LOL! :)