PDA

View Full Version : The China syndrome (Redux)

Greg Busch
01-18-2008, 8:15 AM
Well, G'day Again All

firstly i'd like to say what a great forum you all have here and i'm happy to put in my share for the year.

Well back a few months i posted the China syndrome, when i was looking into purchasing our first laser engraver and the topic seemed to raise a few emotions (Big Jim). Camps were evenly split between the home grown and the foreign manufactured units but all in all it was a mood of "you get what you pay for" which in itself is fair enough.

Just for background info, this all started when my wife asked me for a die cutter for her scrapbooking enterprise....... sheesh i wish i'd gone surfing that day, we haven't a background in engraving, i make a living by driving tractors on the bottom of the ocean burying pipelines but now that our 4 kids are less dependant (1, 4, 6, 12) my wifes keen to get back into something creative.

So after months of reading, re-reading, re-re-reading on many different forums i have purchased a chinese machine from WKlaser, the fact we are hobbyists at the moment and not dependant on the reliability of this machine made it an easy choice as far as chinese / US built machines went, i've bought a LG900 c/w all the associated kit, all in all its cost me around the US4.5K mark with chillers, spare tubes,lenses and CIF Sydney.
I am obviously looking forward to its arrival, which should be by the end of the month and i'll keep updating this thread as we progress.

Cheers and Best Regards,
Buschy

Bruce Volden
01-18-2008, 9:17 AM
Please do keep us posted!

Bruce