PDA

View Full Version : Ack! Ack! The Flu...ohhhh

Leigh Costello
01-17-2008, 9:40 PM
I finally got it - the flu bug. Haven't had it in years. Powered thru the Christmas season and the New Year's celebrations. Back to the grind, and whammy! Fortunately, I am beginning to feel better but my cardiologist is restricting me to bed rest until my arrythmia settles down. Enough about me, I just wanted to let everyone know that if you have the flu and you have a heart condition, do not ignore the symptoms. Nearly did me in. And only 45 to boot! So, take care of yourselves, don't shake hands, take your vitamins and rest. BTW, bed rest constitutes SMC surfing in my world.

Jim Becker
01-17-2008, 10:16 PM
No flu for me, but I did have a "very nice" stomach virus that came upon me this past Sunday afternoon toward the end of my day in the shop...I hate when that happens!

'Hope you feel better soon, Leigh.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Get your rest Leigh.........and get to feeling better soon!

Eddie Watkins
01-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Get a flu shot every year. Flu is generally more serious in the young and old. I have done it for the past 10 years or so and, so far, no flu. Of course I never had it for the 30 years before that either.:o

Eddie

Leigh Costello
01-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Now I'm feeling much better, got the rest, slept a lot. Even fired up the laser last night. Now my daughter is home with, surprise, the flu.

I got the flu shot once. I was told never get another - very bad reactions. I am one of the lucky few that are very sensitive to the vaccines. Aren't I lucky?!? :rolleyes: And my daughter has inherited this handy trait. :(

Thank you for your support everyone.

Jason Roehl
01-21-2008, 12:31 PM
No flu for me, but I did have a "very nice" stomach virus that came upon me this past Sunday afternoon toward the end of my day in the shop...I hate when that happens!

'Hope you feel better soon, Leigh.

I went through that last weekend, Jim. One "episode" Friday night, then the other end of the system was in cahoots with Montezuma on Monday morning. Odd part was, through it all, I never felt that bad--went and picked up a piano with a couple buddies on Saturday and moved it from the trailer to the house on Sunday. I just was low on energy because I esentially had about 1/4 or less of my normal calories for 5 days or so. All the kids got the stomach part during the week, too, only SWMBO was spared...

I, too, hope you recover quickly, Leigh!

Jim Becker
01-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Yea, Jason, probably the same bug...just bad enough to "bug" but not enough to keep you from doing normal things. I'm glad it's gone, however!

Jason Roehl
01-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Yea, Jason, probably the same bug...just bad enough to "bug" but not enough to keep you from doing normal things. I'm glad it's gone, however!

I'll drink to that! :D