PDA

View Full Version : Couple gloats

Anton Smolka
02-29-2004, 9:40 PM
Picked up some tools today.

1st score: Went to HF and bought the Jet 1236 clone for 179.00. I figured for the price ya can't beat it and it would be good to learn on. Seems alot of folks at woodnet liked it.

2nd score: Stopped at Home Depot on the way home and grabbed the cordless 18v Ryobi speed saw kit (roto zip clone) the sticker said 89.00 but the cashier rung it up for 69.00!! Couldn't be happier with that price :)

3rd score: Went to Woodcraft just to look around and walked out withh all kinds of stuff to make pens!

Hope to be turnin soon!

Bud Duffy
02-29-2004, 10:05 PM
Anton congrats on the new toys!!! Please let us know how that new lathe works out ,my nephew is looking at lathes and i have been steering him toward that one as funds are limited for him still being in high school and all.

Michael Cody
02-29-2004, 10:17 PM
Picked up some tools today.

1st score: Went to HF and bought the Jet 1236 clone for 179.00. I figured for the price ya can't beat it and it would be good to learn on. Seems alot of folks at woodnet liked it.

2nd score: Stopped at Home Depot on the way home and grabbed the cordless 18v Ryobi speed saw kit (roto zip clone) the sticker said 89.00 but the cashier rung it up for 69.00!! Couldn't be happier with that price :)

3rd score: Went to Woodcraft just to look around and walked out withh all kinds of stuff to make pens!

Hope to be turnin soon!

That is a fine lathe in my experience (owned one for 2 years) ... it's a little underpowered and I had a couple of belts get chewed up (but that is common with any Reeves Drive type lathe)... Hope you have fun turning, for the money you did good.