PDA

View Full Version : Magswitch Featherboards

Eric Commarato
01-17-2008, 2:29 PM
Just purchased a Rigid Magswitch featherboard from Home Depot and bought the pro-model on line. I really like this tool. Couldn't find another Rigid at Home Depot and wondered if they stopped carrying them for some reason. I am also looking for feedback from other users of this neat product.

thanks,

Eric

glenn bradley
01-17-2008, 2:31 PM
I wasn't aware that Ridgid was branding them. I have the double for use on the TS and BS (got tired of flipping my miter track bound ones over to change machines). It works great.

Alex Berkovsky
01-17-2008, 2:37 PM
I wasn't aware that Ridgid was branding them.Glenn,
A quick google search came up wih this (http://www.magswitch.com.au/news.asp).

Larry Fox
01-17-2008, 8:52 PM
I have one that I bought from Woodcraft a while back and really like it. However, I can say that 75+% of the cuts I make have the magnets centered ofer the miter-slot to the left of the blade which obviously reduces it's holding power. I want to get the two-way one Glen mentions for use on the TS / BS.

Ben Martin
01-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Just purchased a Rigid Magswitch featherboard from Home Depot and bought the pro-model on line. I really like this tool. Couldn't find another Rigid at Home Depot and wondered if they stopped carrying them for some reason. I am also looking for feedback from other users of this neat product.

thanks,

Eric

They just came out a little before Christmas, that might be why you are having a hard time finding them. Why did you need 2? At first I bought 2, thinking that I could put one on my fence, but it is Aluminum, so I ended up returning it.

Paul Fitzgerald
01-17-2008, 11:56 PM
My fiance and I saw a couple at HD the other day. I was quite impressed with them. I may pick up a couple next time I'm there.

Paul

Ken Massingale
01-18-2008, 7:00 AM

thanks,

Eric
Happen to have the SKU for this HD item, Eric? I can't locate it online.
Thanks
ken

terry hansen
01-18-2008, 9:45 AM
I picked up one from HD (double sided version) and so far am happy with how easy it is to use as featherboard, interested in trying as hold down on jointer fence for smaller pieces.
Today I received an email special from peachtree about the magswitch - the single sided "pro" model is on sale with the vertical attachment for $50, and interestingly you can buy the magswitches in 2 different sizes with proper size forstner bit on special also. http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_011808.htm not sure if you need to be signed up for their email specials or not for this to work. The magswitches seem a bit pricy but have interesting possibilities.

Eric Commarato
01-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Ken, I don't have the sku no. but I will see if I can find my receipt and get it for you.

Thanks,

Eric