PDA

View Full Version : Model 200 Grr-ripper worth more?

Herb Kelley
02-29-2004, 9:22 PM
Those who are using the Grr-ripper.
sold on the model 100 Grr-ripper, but...
is the 200 worth $20 more than the 100?.
1. Holds a board tight to the fence for sawing and routing.
2. With user made board attached the 200 can be used to cut a straight edge on a board with two rough edges.
3. ?
Thanks.

Stan Smith
02-29-2004, 9:50 PM
I think that you sort of have to project what use you will give the product. I got the Model 200 via the special deal here. I also bought a #100 later. I haven't used the 200 features much but sure have used the #100 a lot.

Stan

Glenn Clabo
03-01-2004, 5:33 AM
You may think this is a waste of money on the surface...but I'd say that the best way for you to decide would be to order the DVD and check it out. Even if you only buy the 100 the DVD is full of info. I think you just may do what I did though...I have 2 - 200's now and I'm very happy.

Keith Outten
03-01-2004, 6:04 AM
I also have two of the MicroJig 200's and the DVD. I have to admit that the MicroJigs have found a permanent place on my table saw, and although one of my jigs is bare of the extra attachments it is nice to know that I can configure it for many types of jobs.

I've been ripping lots of thin stock lately making pen blanks and the MicroJigs has been getting a real workout. These are one of the most important safety devices in my shop and make working with very small boards safer and much more enjoyable.