PDA

View Full Version : new dewalt planer 735

Mike Stanton
02-29-2004, 9:03 PM
I was using my new dewalt planer 735. And it stopes and jams I was not taking more than 1/ 16 inch off at a time. It will not even take a board at any cut off. I posted it on the wwa board and 3 other guys have the same problem. Mike

Bob Marino
02-29-2004, 9:16 PM
I was using my new dewalt planer 735. And it stopes and jams I was not taking more than 1/ 16 inch off at a time. It will not even take a board at any cut off. I posted it on the wwa board and 3 other guys have the same problem. Mike

Mike,

I have the planer and never had a problem at all, but what did the others say about why this happened and what's the fix?

Bob

Mark Hysell
02-29-2004, 10:08 PM

I have this planer also, but I am still setting up my shop (2 car garage containing an SUV) and I haven't fired it up yet. There is a fairly recent thread on the rec.woodworking usenet group regarding failure of the 735's roller sprockets. According to the usenet posts, DeWalt is aware of the problem.

John Miliunas
02-29-2004, 10:26 PM
Mike, please keep us posted as to progress and/or resolution to your issue! I've got the 735 and, although it hasn't missed a beat, it would be good to know what's going on. FWIW, I usually take very light passes through both, my jointer and planer, though I know I've lopped off a 16th on some White Oak (@ 7" wide) recently with not problems. Let us know what Dewalt does for you on it! :cool: