PDA

View Full Version : Lift Gate Service (stealth gloat)

Mike Peace
01-16-2008, 10:09 PM
My PM 3520b showed up yesterday. I was a little disappointed at the lift-gate service. When I called the freight company to coordinate the local delivery after it arrived at the terminal, I asked to make sure the driver would have a pallet jack. Was told yes. I did not expect it delivered into my basement shop but I did expect the driver to get the pallet off the truck and on to the ground.

Guess what? The semi shows up with my lathe as the last delivery of the day and at the other end of the truck. It took the driver me and a friend to wrestle the crate on to the lift gate and wrestle it off when he lowered it. And I mean wrestle! I went to bed with a sore back. I guess I could have told the driver to bring it back tomorrow when he was able to provide the lift gate service I paid for but of course I was anxious to get it in. Two friends helped me carry it in piece at a time and assemble it.

It is up and running now and it's sweet.

Steve Schlumpf
01-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Congrats Mike!!! Nothing makes you feel like turning more than a brand new lathe! Looks great! Hope to see some of your turnings real soon!

Pete Jordan
01-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Mike,

I went through the same thing. I had just had surgery so I was not able to help him. He slid the lathe down a 4x4. He was an animal. I couldn't believe it.

You are going to love that lathe! Congrats and you won't stop smiling for a long time!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Congrats Mike! I don't know what you were turning on before.....but you are going to like that Mustard rascal!

Bernie Weishapl
01-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Congrats Mike. Looks like a lot fun on a new machine.

Brett Baldwin
01-16-2008, 11:33 PM
You had trouble with that dinky little thing?;)
I can't see the sore back with all those teeth shining in the camera flash.

Congrats Mike.