PDA

View Full Version : I'm On A Roll (Or Something Like That)

Paul Fitzgerald
01-16-2008, 5:32 PM
LOL

I bought a Ridgid 13" Planer in November and a Delta 14" Bandsaw in December. January is only half over and I've already bought a Ridgid 6" Jointer, a Delta 16-1/2" Drill Press, and I just ordered a Porter Cable 690 Router and a Woodpeckers Router Table Top with Cast Aluminum Plate. And I keep buying wood too!

What's wrong with me? :D

Paul

John Hain
01-16-2008, 5:33 PM
LOL

I bought a Ridgid 13" Planer in November and a Delta 14" Bandsaw in December. January is only half over and I've already bought a Ridgid 6" Jointer, a Delta 16-1/2" Drill Press, and I just ordered a Porter Cable 690 Router and a Woodpeckers Router Table Top with Cast Aluminum Plate. And I keep buying wood too!

Paul

You have too much money.;)

Other than that, sounds like you're doing well.

JayStPeter
01-16-2008, 5:35 PM
You're an addict. I suggest you take up drinking or narcotics ;)

Billy Chambless
01-16-2008, 6:32 PM
You're an addict. I suggest you take up drinking or narcotics ;)

Nah, woodworking is more fun than either of those.

DAMHIKT.

glenn bradley
01-16-2008, 11:19 PM

Paul

I see no cause for concern.

Irvin Cooper
01-16-2008, 11:22 PM
So, ummm, what are you building??

keith micinski
01-16-2008, 11:27 PM
I am having the same problem with buying stuff and I have absolutely no projects to build and no wood to build it with.

Don Bullock
01-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Welcome. You sound like me lately. I'm having a blast.;):D

Paul Fitzgerald
01-16-2008, 11:37 PM
I see no cause for concern.

:D That's a relief!

So, ummm, what are you building??

Um. Let's see... Well, there's a... no that doesn't count. Hmm. Oh, I know. I'm building a fence to resaw some wood. Oh, and a box joint jig too. But that's about it. No real woodworking. Just jigs and fixtures. Oh, and tool stands.

All joking aside, a bunch of wedding keepsake boxes is my current project. There's going to end up being around 50 little square boxes made out of cherry that look like little presents complete with bows made of ribbon.

Whew! I get tired just thinking about all those boxes.

Paul

Jim Becker
01-17-2008, 9:22 AM
Seems quite normal to me!! :D

Ray Meche
01-17-2008, 11:58 AM
I agree with Jim. I go through spurts with purchases and this behavior seems perfectly normal. Getting a new tool or building a new jig always lights a fire that is hard to put out.

Greg Cole
01-17-2008, 1:56 PM
If you looking for someone to say you're wasting your money.... I'd say on this forum you're wasting your time. We like to spend our own money and even more like to help-see others spend theirs. :D Pics of garage, shop, shed, barn, airplane size hangar shops (like Robs in his 1000th post) are always welcome too.
The slide down the hill starts slowly and gains speed amazingly fast & the slopes 'round here are slippery indeed.
Congrats on the purchases, or supposed purchases that is... no pics = didn't happen.... the pic police are on patrol.

Cheers....

Greg