PDA

View Full Version : Contour tool Corel 12

Robert Rosensteel
01-16-2008, 4:52 PM
Need some help with the contour tool. What type of file can be used with this tool.(bitmap or vector) I don't understand how to get a hairline outline around a figure.Does it have to be in grayscale or will colors work? Please explain each step thats required for this to work. Thanks Robert

Joe Pelonio
01-16-2008, 5:10 PM
Contour is for vector, and is to do outlines like a bull's eye, or simply one outline, then delete the original to make a shape slightly larger or smaller, or to fill for an engraved outline etc.

If you are wanting to engrave a figure then cut it out, I normally will hand trace it using the smartdraw tool, then adjust as needed for smooth cut.

Mike Null
01-16-2008, 5:12 PM
Robert

If you want to get a hairline outline around an object you can
1. select the object, right click on a color and you have an outline,
2. select the object and go to the outline tool on the left of your page and set your outline accordingly;
3. Use the boundary tool which will outline what you've selected or everything in the drawing. You can set the width from the outline tool flyout.
4. You can use the contour tool on an individual object and make the outline the width you want as well as postioning it away from the object if you like.

There are many options with all of these and the contour tool takes some getting used to.

Other Creekers, please chime in if I've not described this correctly.