PDA

View Full Version : 2tpi or 3tpi bandsaw blade?

Kevin McPeek
01-16-2008, 1:28 PM
I am shopping new bandsaw blades (timberwolf) and they have a 2 and 3 tpi listed for 1/2" blades. What is going to be the difference between the two, other than one tooth? Get that one out of the way before the smart @$$es jump on it.
If it makes a difference I have a grizzly G0580, 14" 3/4hp. I am also considering adding the riser block now. Will the 3/4hp be sufficient to pull 105" blade at 2-3 tpi? Will it make a difference?
Thanks

Bob Hallowell
01-16-2008, 1:34 PM
Kevin if you call timberwolf and tell them what you have and what you want to do, they will tell you what you need.

Bob

George Guadiane
01-16-2008, 2:05 PM
Kevin if you call timberwolf and tell them what you have and what you want to do, they will tell you what you need.

Bob
What Bob Said!

Tim A. Mitchell
01-16-2008, 2:07 PM
Kevin, try as you might, you cannot really stop a smart @$$. You might plug one up for a bit, but then . .

It is not a difference of one tooth, but one tooth per inch. For that 105 inch blade, that is more than enough teeth to fill three smiles:D:D:D

Bob Hampton
01-16-2008, 2:54 PM
Kevin
If this helps any I have the jet 14" and have the riser on it ...works just fine..plenty of power for doing blanks and resawing...i dont use timberwolf blades (wish i could afford at least one ) i use olson 1/2x3 tpi and work fine for me.
Not being a timber wolf guy i would do as suggested and give them a call ..see what they recommend.

Bob

Kevin McPeek
01-16-2008, 4:32 PM
Thanks guys, specially Tim ;)
I current run a 1/2 4tpi (IIRC) timberwolf but it is finally getting dull. I am going to call but I have to wait until I get out of work to do that, so I figured I'd see what the opinion was around here. I really haven't looked into too many other blades but they don't seem too bad too me, price wise. I am willing to spend a little more for the performance anyway.

Bernie Weishapl
01-16-2008, 4:49 PM
I have the Timberwolf 1/2" 3 tpi on my grizzly and it works super.

Tim A. Mitchell
01-17-2008, 12:56 AM
Sorry, Kevin, I had to with the prompting. I wish I had the same problem, but I do not have a band saw yet.

Dick Strauss
01-17-2008, 9:28 PM
Kevin,
I've got a Delta 14" 3/4hp BS w/riser block and use a 3/8"-3tpi-AS blade with no problems. Make sure you get the AS (alternate set) for green wood.