PDA

View Full Version : New Bandsaw Gloat & Question

Bob Roberts
01-15-2008, 9:41 PM
Received my 18" Steel City bandsaw today. It ONLY took 36 days from the day I ordered it! Just finished assembling it and adjusting everything. Took about an hour and a half. Made a few test cuts on it and it seems to be a pretty nice saw. It comes with a 4" dust port under the table which does a decent job. Did I see a post on here a while back where someone had added a dust port to the top somehow?

John Hain
01-15-2008, 9:58 PM
I'm pretty sure the post above is fake.

They aren't any pictures to support the claim of a new BS........

;)

Greg Cole
01-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Pic police are always on patrol....
Congrats on said saw gloat awaiting visual verification. :D

Cheers.

Greg

glenn bradley
01-15-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm pretty sure the post above is fake.

They aren't any pictures to support the claim of a new BS........

;)

You must learn to read between the lines, grasshopper. Oh, wait never mind . .. there are no pics, you're right.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-15-2008, 11:31 PM
Congrats.........maybe....if it really did happen......:rolleyes:

Curt Harms
01-16-2008, 2:39 AM
That is a NICE saw. Steel City has some good stuff.

Curt

John Bailey
01-16-2008, 6:17 AM
Let's see, aren't Steel City saw's some kind of yellow colour, or are they the ones that are blue. I guess we'll never know.:o

John

Thomas Knighton
01-16-2008, 6:25 AM
The band saw is a lot like the chupacabra, there's not any real pictures of those either ;)

Dave Hale
01-16-2008, 8:35 AM
Bob,

Ignore them, I'm sure your camera is broken or you have another good reason for no pics. :)

I bookmarked this post last month for Erik's novel DC solution. Maybe this one was what you were looking for:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=729573

Bob Roberts
01-16-2008, 8:40 AM
I forgot the pics!! Sorry about that.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-16-2008, 8:59 AM
Congrats on the new b/s Bob!

glenn bradley
01-16-2008, 9:03 AM
I forgot the pics!! Sorry about that.

Thanks to Dave for the link he posted for you. the rest of us kinda got carried away with the pic-police thing. All in good fun. Nice looking saw and I'm thinking about trying that DC trick on my 17". We should both post our results. Maybe the manufacturers will figure it out ;-)

John Bailey
01-16-2008, 9:20 AM
Nice gloat Bob. Hope to see some pics of sawdust soon!!:D

John

Rod Sheridan
01-16-2008, 9:31 AM
Looks like a General International band saw that only received the primer coat of paint!

Seriously, nice band saw, hope you enjoy it........Rod.

gary Zimmel
01-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Bob

Congrads on the new BS. She looks great!

John Thompson
01-16-2008, 1:28 PM
Received my 18" Steel City bandsaw today. It ONLY took 36 days from the day I ordered it! Just finished assembling it and adjusting everything. Took about an hour and a half. Made a few test cuts on it and it seems to be a pretty nice saw. It comes with a 4" dust port under the table which does a decent job. Did I see a post on here a while back where someone had added a dust port to the top somehow?

Perhaps...

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost.php?p=718378&postcount=11

Sarge..

Bob Roberts
01-16-2008, 2:25 PM
Thanks John,
Thats the one I was looking for.

John Thompson
01-16-2008, 5:09 PM
Thanks John,
Thats the one I was looking for.

If I may suggest if you do branch out Bob, don't bother with going with the 3rd outlet under-neath as in my picture. The Steel City has about the best factory collection from the stock port I have seen on any band-saw. The 3rd outlet there is not necessary and by eliminating it, you get more flow tp the upper. I am going to change my connnector to a 6" coming in with 4" going to the stock port and 3" going to over-head.

Just thought I would let you know what I already found out. Enjoy the BS as I feel it is the best BS coming off the Pacific Rim and I have been over all of them at IWF in Alanta.

Sarge..