PDA

View Full Version : Hey, we're on the map!!

Richard M. Wolfe
01-15-2008, 6:02 PM
Anyone hear about the Stephenville UFO's?

Must be a slow newsday. I hear all the major news services are calling here to find out about the strange lights. Actually, my office is next door to a guy who saw it.....or one of them. What he described sounds to me to be a version of the Marfa lights. Because I'd heard of the Marfa lights for a long time and had talked to any number of people who had seen them I took a mini-vacation last year to see if I could too. And I did. Pretty cool to see something like that that so many have seen and yet there's still no really good explanation. If it was me I'd say inhaling too much mesquite sawdust.:)

Anyway, a week ago a number of people saw unexplained lights near here. Supposedly bright orange lights that zipped across the sky. But if you know a few people it's kinda old hat. I had lunch today with a guy who has seen them just about every year since 1993. He lives south of town and has seen them on the way home at night. And he has had various people with him at different times. Only happens in the winter.

Well, back to the Twilight Zone......er, shop.

Chris Padilla
01-15-2008, 6:11 PM
Ball lightning?

Jason Roehl
01-15-2008, 7:16 PM
I've always wondered...why people who think UFOs are alien spaceships don't just call them that? After all, they've identified the Unidentified Flying Object as such already... :confused:

Bill Cunningham
01-15-2008, 10:36 PM
It always makes me think of a possibility of way back in time. A group of Indians were standing on the shore pointing to strange vessels anchored on the bay. All were wondering what the heck they were, right up until the witch doctor said "swamp gas"...:D

Richard M. Wolfe
01-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Jason, kinda like what I say whenever the topic happens to come up. Someone might ask, "Do you believe in UFO's?"

I say, "Yeah, they're Unidentified-Flying-Objects.

Are they flying saucers with little green men? Got my doubts.