PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Projects

James Sweeney
01-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Hello all, this is my first time posting here, but I have been a lurker for over a year now. I am amazed at the amount of talent on this forum. I wanted to post a few pics of some of my work, mostly to get feedback. I like to always try to learn to improve my work. I defintely don't mind constructive feedback. I like to know things I need to work on. Most of my projects are inspired by posts from this site. I am always looking on this site for idea's. Thank you all for sharing.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-15-2008, 12:47 AM
James.....Nicley done on all of them Sir!

Dennis Kelly
01-15-2008, 7:29 AM
James,
Very good work. I really like the corner table. You did a wonderful job with the measurements on the bottom shelf, they seem to fit very snug. That is one area that I always struggle with at the end of a project. Again, great job!

Dennis

James Sweeney
01-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys. Dennis, I routed dados on the legs for the bottom shelf, wanted some strength there. I did do a lot of fudging to get a somewhat tight fit though.

Jim Becker
01-15-2008, 2:28 PM
Very kewel projects, James!!

Scott Velie
01-15-2008, 2:42 PM
All very nice! You really like gumballs?

Is that a new planer i see in the background?

Scott

James Sweeney
01-15-2008, 4:36 PM
I had never made anything for my kids, so my goal last Christmas was to make something for my sons. I completely stole the idea for the gumball machines from this site, no originality there, but I did come up with some of the ideas for the corner table myself. Scroll saw box was my first use at using my $40.00 scroll saw that I got from a garage sale. I got the plans from a book, but chose the wood myself of course. Glad you like them. Means a lot coming from this forum.

James Sweeney
01-15-2008, 4:39 PM
I almost forgot, Scott, yes that's the box for the planer, but I have had it for about a year and a half now. My latest purchase was a 6inch Jet jointer, the extended bed version. I won't be buying anything big for a while now.