PDA

View Full Version : Important Donations Update

Ken Salisbury
02-29-2004, 5:19 AM
Donations have slowed a little this past week. We need to continue the efforts to build this fund to the point where we can supply the vast majority of pen kits and pen blanks to those who are supplying their time and talent to this project.

As of today I have received $2,248.62 in cash donations. This fund has already supplied 775 free kits/blanks to turners involved with the project. I have ordered 500 more kits with these funds to satisfy free kit requests and bulk buy sales.

We have approximately 100 individual pen makers who have participated in the bulk buy and free kit programs, or purchased their own kits for the project.

There are also groups of Turners' organizations and schools involved which in my estimation gets the number of people turning pens to somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 folks. More people are coming on board every day. I get requests/orders for kits on a daily basis. So more funds are essential.

Urge your friends, relatives, neighbors and business associates to contribute to the fund.

Contributions can be made by check or by credit card. Details can be found here: Freedom Pen Project Donations (http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/donations.htm)

A list of cash contributors to date can be found here: Cash Contributors (http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/donors.htm)
(thanks to Julie Wright - 2 new contributors names added today)
<p>

Lets keep the momentum going ! ! ! ! ! !

Daniel Yourdon
02-29-2004, 9:07 AM
Ken,
until a couple of days ago I have been focused on the first 100 pens.
they are under construction, and I have been slowly gathering materials for pushing donations here in Reno. I have posters and flyers now and starting today I will be getting them set up in the first locations.
Hopefully their are many others that are still just getting their wheels turning on this VERY IMPORTANT, part of the effort.
thanks for sharing some numbers on the turners involved.

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
02-29-2004, 6:01 PM
Donations have slowed a little this past week. So more funds are essential.

I've been very busy at work with some new projects and haven't been able to get my pens turned. I'll try to keep the assistance in the contributions coming, though. Is there a record we can get for tax purposes for the donations?

Thanks,
Ron

Jerry Stringer
02-29-2004, 10:49 PM
My kids at school are getting geared up to start in the next couple of weeks. Dealing with 4 different groups I'm coordinating, getting permissions, meeting with all of them, waiting on a banner, etc . . . but it IS coming together and we should have a good chunk of cash to send to you.

Thanks!

Jerry

Ken Salisbury
03-01-2004, 8:23 AM
I've been very busy at work with some new projects and haven't been able to get my pens turned. I'll try to keep the assistance in the contributions coming, though. Is there a record we can get for tax purposes for the donations?

Thanks,
Ron
Ron - Our project is not (at least as yet) designated as tax deductible.

As far as records go I have a complete record of all transactions to the fund. These records are available for audit as necessary. I intentionally do not list the specific amount of the contribution made by an individual for privacy purposes. That information is available however in the records.

Carl Eyman
03-01-2004, 8:55 AM
I have been wondering if we could get some organization which has IRS tax deductible status to collect money and turn it over to us, The USO would be good, but is so big the bureocracy would probably be a barrier. Perhaps a local church, YMCA,American Legion, etc. I don't personally have close ties with such a group, but perhaps someone reading this does and could jump in and pursue it.

Ken Salisbury
03-01-2004, 9:39 AM
2 more contributors added to the list (http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/donors.htm)this morning, both were 2nd time contributors - Thanks ! ! !

Dennis Peacock
03-01-2004, 12:05 PM
Ken,

I have not let up......talking to people, doing interviews, sending emails and such. I just finished an interview with the Arkansas Democrat Gazette and they will be putting that in soon on a Sunday paper.

Dennis Peacock
03-01-2004, 12:08 PM
I have been wondering if we could get some organization which has IRS tax deductible status to collect money and turn it over to us, The USO would be good, but is so big the bureocracy would probably be a barrier. Perhaps a local church, YMCA,American Legion, etc. I don't personally have close ties with such a group, but perhaps someone reading this does and could jump in and pursue it.

Hey Carl.....

I don't know about that one. That is what's called "a 501c3 organization" or Non-Profit......I could be done, but I'm just not so sure that SMC wants to go through the pains and expense of getting that done.