PDA

View Full Version : Weather Forecasters

Joe Pelonio
01-14-2008, 7:13 PM
This is what they call "Partly Sunny after morning fog" on our local TV and radio stations. Close to an inch in less than an hour.

http://members.aol.com/pelonio/dsc02015.jpg

Glenn Clabo
01-14-2008, 7:19 PM
The pic ain't workin" Joe.

Jim Becker
01-14-2008, 8:03 PM
The pic ain't workin" Joe.

It's all the snow on the white web background, Glenn.... :D :D :D

Craig D Peltier
01-14-2008, 8:50 PM
This is what they call "Partly Sunny after morning fog" on our local TV and radio stations. Close to an inch in less than an hour.

http://members.aol.com/bisjoe/dsc02015.jpg

I came in from shop to let dog out an :eek: ground was covered. Called the wife and said get home (she drives a sports car). I looked on komos website for weather it hadnt been updated since 422am!
You really have to look out window here to be able to tell weather in the PNW more than say New England or So cal for sure.

Joe Pelonio
01-14-2008, 9:48 PM
I came in from shop to let dog out an :eek: ground was covered. Called the wife and said get home (she drives a sports car). I looked on komos website for weather it hadnt been updated since 422am!
You really have to look out window here to be able to tell weather in the PNW more than say New England or So cal for sure.
Ah, you got it too. We have about 2" now. I took my daughter to the library 1 mile away (all downhill) and there it was rain/snow mix with nothing sticking at all.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Jim

Doesn't take much to snow Glenn!:eek::confused::D

Kevin French
01-15-2008, 5:04 PM
Don't get me started on these Clowns.

I think they need to add a disclaimer to the end of their predictions like:

"This forecaster has a 33% accuracy rating and has predict 456% more snow then has actually fallen."

We got 5-12" here yesterday and the local news had 10 minutes of "Team Coverage" TO INCLUDE A SNOW SHOVELING TIP! Spray the shovel with silicone.:mad:

It's New Hampshire.

It's WINTER

We get snow

REPORT SOME NEWS!!!

Joe Pelonio
01-15-2008, 5:08 PM
At least the stars of baseball are successful 30% of the time.

We ended up with 4" then it froze overnight for a fun morning commute. Then the sun came out, and right now we have a flurry even with sun. No rainbow.

Kevin French
01-15-2008, 5:33 PM
At least the stars of baseball are successful 30% of the time.

30% for a ball IS good but you have someone on the other end of that ball trying to look good also.

With 'Weather Prognosticators' there is a team of them, working together, to predict by using science, what going to happen in as little as 12 hrs.

Old Momar Kadafi took some of his out and shot them. I forget the circumstances, but maybe if we took the worst weatherman for the year and say cane him? Or her. Might set a good example for some of those who like to sensationalize the serverity of the weather.

Richard M. Wolfe
01-15-2008, 5:37 PM
Keep it all up there......please. I used to say I could get all the snow I wanted looking under "S" in the encyclopedia. Shows my age, huh? Now I can say I can get all I want when I google it.

There was an old time weatherman here who said for our part of Texas if you forcasted that it would never snow you would only be wrong once a year. There was an inch of the stuff on the ground last Thanksgiving. Maybe that's it for the season.

Steve Leverich
01-15-2008, 5:41 PM
Weather forecast??!? Huh. My preferred method is the ole "frayed rope hanging outside the window" - if it's swinging, it's windy. If it's dripping, it's raining (or thawing out) - if it's stiff and white, it's cold outside. If it's GONE, head for the basement... :D Steve

Craig D Peltier
01-15-2008, 9:42 PM
Theres a rock hanging from Outlaw BBQs sign in Playe Del Rey, Ca

Above it it says"

If its wet: Its Raining
If its white: Its snowing
If its swinging : Its windy
If you cant read this: Its foggy
If its gone: Call the police

Something along those lines.

Steve Leverich
01-15-2008, 10:57 PM
Knew I'd forgotten a couple :confused: Steve

Ken Fitzgerald
01-15-2008, 11:34 PM
When I worked air traffic control maintenance......they referred to them as "weather guessers".....:D