PDA

View Full Version : WWer Luncheon

harry strasil
01-14-2008, 2:02 PM
Tomorrow Jan 15, 08 12 pm- Bob Evans resturant -9102 metcalf ave. - Overland park, ks. if anyone is interested.

Tim Leo
01-15-2008, 12:11 PM
yikes, that's kinda short notice. Who showed up?

Chuck Saunders
01-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Let's see, I have 5 minutes to get there and I am north of the river... Dang it. Sorry I missed you, I have wanted to meet you Harry.

Steve Clardy
01-15-2008, 1:00 PM
Hey Harry.
You going to able to attend the woodshow breakfast at LePeeps?
Its there on Metcalf also.

February 2nd

Don C Peterson
01-15-2008, 2:25 PM
Let's see. We had Roy Wall, Bill Ward, Jr. Strasil, Jr's wife (sorry, I've already forgotten her name...), and me.

Since Jr. gets down to the KC area on a about a montly basis, we try to get together when he's down. If anybody would like to be invited in the future PM me with your email address and I'll take the lead on putting the list together.

I'll also try to put a notice here with a bit more lead time...

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you who are going to be at Le Peep's before the woodworking show.

Greg Cole
01-15-2008, 3:28 PM
Don,
Is the WW'ing show you're referring to the one in OP?

Cheers,
Greg

Don C Peterson
01-15-2008, 3:37 PM
Don,
Is the WW'ing show you're referring to the one in OP?

Cheers,
Greg

That's the one.

Greg Muller
01-15-2008, 4:42 PM
Count me in guys, I would like to join the feast before the invasion...Time???

Greg

Randal Stevenson
01-15-2008, 4:56 PM
I'd be interested in the preshow breakfast (if I can drag my ... out of bed, as I won't be off work the night before till around 12 am).

Steve Clardy
01-15-2008, 5:09 PM
8:00.............

Calvin Hobbs
01-15-2008, 5:17 PM
Guys,

I plan to be there as well, now that I live in OP it will be much easier...

Cal

Don C Peterson
01-15-2008, 5:28 PM
The more the merrier I say.

I'm trying to get Bill Ward to join the conversation. He's the one who made the reservation at LePeep, but I can't seem to find his account here at SMC, so I emailed him. Hopefully he'll be joining the conversation soon.

Roy Wall
01-15-2008, 5:40 PM
Guys,

I plan to be there as well, now that I live in OP it will be much easier...

Cal

Calvin -

It will be good to see you again. Glad you're in the area permanently (well, for while at least...)

Don - Yes, keep Bill Ward posted on the body count! We could be pushing 30 this year.

Usually everyone that comes brings a show and tell hand tool -- and if the weather is somewhat decent, a bit of a "tool tailgate" just before heading to the WWing Show.

Greg Cole
01-15-2008, 5:50 PM
If I wasn't such a hermit (or shop rat on the weekends, LOML calls the shop my "apartment"), I might be up for meeting the Creekers for a cup of joe.... but the show... umm... I'll pass.
Although I seem to remember being pretty excited about the Incra TS and router stuff I dragged home last year (although the router table top is sagging like a herfords you know what now)..... so if someone bumped you with a dolly last year with a bunch of stuff on it... it wasn't me.:D It was some other tall blonde haired guy in a hurry to go home and install his Incra fence and router table....;)
Sorry to be a total Northlander, but where the heck is Lepeeps? Must be close to the OP Trade Center or whatever that place is called.... or tell me to get off my last backside and look it up.
Seriously, I'm interested in meeting a couple of the local Creekers if nothing else.....

Greg

Don C Peterson
01-15-2008, 5:54 PM
I just heard back from Bill. He isn't a member here at all. He said that he has already made the reservations for 20 and that we have 20 confirmed to come.

To those who aren't on the confirmed list I'd say come anyway and maybe we'll have several groups scattered around. Then make sure you find Bill and get him your email address so you can be on the list for next year.

Greg,

LePeep is on the Northwest corner of Metcalf and College in OP.

Steve Clardy
01-15-2008, 5:58 PM
Calvin -

It will be good to see you again. Glad you're in the area permanently (well, for while at least...)

Don - Yes, keep Bill Ward posted on the body count! We could be pushing 30 this year.

Usually everyone that comes brings a show and tell hand tool -- and if the weather is somewhat decent, a bit of a "tool tailgate" just before heading to the WWing Show.

You bringing any tailgater stuff Roy?

I just heard back from Bill. He isn't a member here at all. He said that he has already made the reservations for 20 and that we have 20 confirmed to come.

To those who aren't on the confirmed list I'd say come anyway and maybe we'll have several groups scattered around. Then make sure you find Bill and get him your email address so you can be on the list for next year.

Greg,

LePeep is on the Northwest corner of Metcalf and College in OP.

Yep. Bill said the other day it was up to 20 bodies already.:eek:

Greg Cole
01-15-2008, 7:42 PM
Well... if you see a guy wearing a hat or sweatshirt with anything Detroit Red Wings on it.... it's most likely me... although there might be one or 2 other hockey fans in KC.

Greg

Roy Wall
01-15-2008, 11:18 PM
You bringing any tailgater stuff Roy?

Steve - well, sorta tailgate........

probably 2-3 things that I'll bring inside and pass around with the biscuits and gravy..........I'm not a cold weather person.................love the 70* indoors!:cool:

Randal Stevenson
01-15-2008, 11:43 PM
After not finding anything on the website last week, I emailed them to ask if it was still on. I asked for a vendor list and was sent this:

Kansas City1/7/2008as of
3D Saw Blade Sales 1 1
Advanced machinery
Andrew Grossman Tool Sales/Snappy 1 1
Apollo Sprayers 1 1 +Finishing sponsorship
Bad Dog Tools 4 4
Bob Dedrick Presents 1 1
Carvewright
Craft Supplies
Cut-N-Crown 1 1
Delta
Eagle Jigs 1 1
Earlex 1
Epilog Laser 1 1
Freud
Franmar Chemicals Inc 1 1
Hud-son Forest Equipment Inc 1
Hydraflow 10
Jefferson Tool 1
Jevons Tool Co 1 1
Just Clamps
Kreg Tool Company 4 4
Laguna Tools 1 near Master Stage
Lee Valley Tools 4 2
Legacy Woodworking Machinery 1
LHR Technologies 2 1
Little Giant Ladder Systems 0 0 cancelled
Mark Enterprises 1
Meisel Hardware 1
Mesa Vista Design 1 1
Metro Hardwoods, Inc 1
Might-T-Track
Noxon Spring Tools 1
Peachtree Woodworking Supply
Porter Cable
Powercrafter 1 1
Prazi USA 1 1
Primex 1
PS Wood Machines 1 1
Ridgid (TTI Communications) 4
Sommerfeld's Tools for Woods 3 Plus A-Z area
Stockroom Supply 1 1
Strasser Industrial Supply 2 next to Black & Decker
Trotec Laser, Inc 1
Valumax Tools 1
Woodline USA 10

I went to Metro Hardwoods tonight and he had talked to them today, and only found out today that he had to have some information (employees attending if I caught it all), in by the 18th (3 days from now).

I am planning on going because I want to get some info from Stockroom supply since they have YET to email me back from attempts to contact them. I think this is going to be crowded (people more then shops) again this year, but am hoping they get all their kinks worked out so it improves again (more shops).

Steve Clardy
01-16-2008, 9:38 AM
Steve - well, sorta tailgate........

probably 2-3 things that I'll bring inside and pass around with the biscuits and gravy..........I'm not a cold weather person.................love the 70* indoors!:cool:

Lol. I don't like/deal with the cold very much either.

Waiting on spring weather:D

Steve Clardy
01-16-2008, 9:43 AM
I am planning on going because I want to get some info from Stockroom supply since they have YET to email me back from attempts to contact them. I think this is going to be crowded (people more then shops) again this year, but am hoping they get all their kinks worked out so it improves again (more shops).

Looks like the vendor list has maybe increased from last year.
Wasn't much there last year.
John and I circled around in there last year for about an hour and left.

harry strasil
01-16-2008, 1:59 PM
I plan on being there also, its a 2 hour + drive for me tho and if the weather is nasty I probably won't brave the roads as I have to leave by 5:30 in the morning to get there by 8.

For my show and tell if I can get some help moving toolboxes in my trailer shop I plan to bring what is possibly (not sure) the oldest Disston Hand saw known to exist plus a Disston wood framed Bow Saw I managed to get one end of and fabricated the rest from what I had.

I am not going to be a happy neanderthal galoot if some drool or get gravy or gooey fingerprints on my pride and joy saw tho.

Steve Clardy
01-16-2008, 2:03 PM
I plan on being there also, its a 2 hour + drive for me tho and if the weather is nasty I probably won't brave the roads as I have to leave by 5:30 in the morning to get there by 8.

For my show and tell if I can get some help moving toolboxes in my trailer shop I plan to bring what is possibly (not sure) the oldest Disston Hand saw known to exist plus a Disston wood framed Bow Saw I managed to get one end of and fabricated the rest from what I had.

I am not going to be a happy neanderthal galoot if some drool or get gravy or gooey fingerprints on my pride and joy saw tho.

Umm.....

Make note to self to contain drool and gravy splatter. :rolleyes::D

harry strasil
01-16-2008, 2:08 PM
In his reply about who was at the luncheon, Don Peterson neglected to say that he brought the Disston #12 he refurbished and made a beautiful handle for to the luncheon for show and tell.