PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a SCMS

Geoff Potter
01-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the Hitachi C10FSH 10-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser? I have an opportunity to buy a 1 year old saw for $350. Saw is in excellent shape and comes with extra blade. Thank you in advance for any comments.

Jeff Wright
01-13-2008, 10:31 PM
I just received that saw I ordered from Amazon. While I have not put it to much of a test, it appears to be a well-made saw . . . a no-nonsense tool without a lot of plastic parts. I will be putting it through its paces as I trim out my home over the next few weeks.

Bob Feeser
01-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Hitachi is one of the top contenders. I like the Makitas the best.

Don Bullock
01-13-2008, 11:05 PM
I have one that I bought last winter on one of those "killer deals" that Amazon was having. I've found it to be very accurate and easy to use, but you must know that this is my first miter saw. I can't compare it to others. I will say, however, if I can make accurate cuts with it with such little experience with miter saws, that it's a good saw.;)

John Thompson
01-13-2008, 11:13 PM
Used the Hitachi 10" SCMS for 4 years I caught on close-out at Lowe's for $225 when the Lasers hit the scene. The close out's did not have the laser, but that is not of concern to me.

Excellent to the day I sold it about 8 months ago and got the Hitachi 12" SCMS for the slight extra depth of cut. The gentleman I sold it too loves it also. I know quite a few southern trim carpenters and about all have either a Hitachi or Makita.

I am forturnate to have a national Hitachi Service Center about 8 miles from my home in Metro Atlanta. The good news is I have never had to use them as all has been well with both machines.

Hope that helps...

Sarge..

Jamie Buxton
01-14-2008, 12:03 AM
I have a pre-laser 10" Hitachi SCMS. It has cut lots of crown molding in its life. It is a good machine.

John Zee
01-14-2008, 12:32 AM
A good friend has had one for some time. He is an awesome carpenter and has built many homes and remodeled many more. On a side note, he mentioned that saws with sliding bars verticle as to horizontal works better. Me, have a Ridgid 12" slider but it seems huge. Tried a 10" Slider makita that a friend has and would prefer that one.

My .02 cents