PDA

View Full Version : Go Pack Go

Shannon Seelig
01-13-2008, 8:16 PM
GO Packers!!!!

Just thought I would say that the Packers have a GREAT chance of going to the BIG GAME with the final division playoff game being played on the frozen tundra against the Giants.

Might be a rematch of Super Bowl 31! Favre needs one more ring!

Bruce Page
01-13-2008, 8:43 PM
Oh Yeah!
I'm looking forward to next weekend! :D

Fred Dorn
01-14-2008, 1:39 AM
Whoo Hoo. Here is a pic from Saturday night in the snow globe known as Lambeau Field.

Russ Filtz
01-14-2008, 7:59 AM
Glad I moved away from Chicago. You'd never hear the end of it from the rabid cheeseheads! :p

Dick Rowe
01-14-2008, 9:56 AM
A man goes to the Chicago Bear ticket office and inquires about purchasing
play-off tickets. The ticket teller replies that there weren't any tickets
for sale because the Bears did not make it to the play-offs.

The following day the same man goes to the Chicago Bear ticket office and
inquires about purchasing Bear play-off tickets. The ticket teller politely
replies that there weren't any tickets for sale because the Bears did not
make it to the play-offs.

This goes on for an entire week. The man goes to the Bear ticket office
inquiring about play-off tickets and the teller says none are for sale
because the Bears did not make it to the play-offs.

Another week of this goes by and the man still is asking the ticket teller
about Bear play-off tickets. Finally the ticket teller in a loud voice
says, I'VE TOLD YOU FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS THERE WERE NOT ANY TICKETS
AVAILABLE BECAUSE THE THE BEARS DID NOT MAKE THE PLAY-OFFS.

The man replied, "I know." I drive all the way from Green Bay just to hear
you say that!

Quinn McCarthy
01-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Shannon

I would think that going through Lambeau they have a great chance at the super bowl.

I can't find many Packers fans up here but I sure am trying.

I used to live in Shawano.

Quinn

Phyllis Meyer
01-14-2008, 10:35 AM
The game was magical to watch on T.V, the interviews with Favre and the crew, the respect that the country has for this team is remarkable! The history, Lambeau Field, new contract for McCarthy, Brett Favre's possible return for another season to play with this team of talented players! Football couldn't get much better than this!

The other games...I have never enjoyed football as much as this weekend! I love the Colts, no hard feelings towards the Chargers (they played fantastic). The other game...Patriots...great team, and their fans are just as excited as we are about the Packers so I can't say anything bad about them. Love the NY Giants;)! Game time temperature is predicted to be (7).

Packers vs Patriots...I ask for a FRIENDLY vote on this forum...WHO DO YOU WANT TO WIN?:D:)

IT'S GOING TO BE COLD IN THE FROZEN TUNDRA! GO PACKERS:D:)

Phyllis

Tim Morton
01-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Packers vs Patriots...I ask for a FRIENDLY vote on this forum...WHO DO YOU WANT TO WIN?:D:)

IT'S GOING TO BE COLD IN THE FROZEN TUNDRA! GO PACKERS:D:)

Phyllis
'

Well first the pats have to get by the chargers and do do that they will have to play there best game of the season. The last thing we want to do is look past SD. If it works out and the pats and the packers make it, i know personally I will take great joy in listening to all the pro-packers hype leading up to the game...*eg*

go pats!!!

Mike Cutler
01-14-2008, 12:27 PM

Phyllis

Pats, sorry I gotta go with the local team. I've also liked them since they took Plunkett a zillion years ago.
Plus, If NE wins. It gives Favre a real reason to come back next year.;)
First though the Packers have to get past the Giants, and that defensive line is the real deal. Brett could have his hands full.

Greg Peterson
01-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Division playoff game at Lambeau Field + snow = Great Game!

Green and gold looked great against that white backdrop.

Giants will present a formidable challenge. Should be a great game.

Chargers owe the Pats for last years playoff loss. Pretty sure they still remember that game.

No gimme's this weekend. Four very strong teams.

Go Pack Go!!

Tim Morton
01-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Chargers owe the Pats for last years playoff loss. Pretty sure they still remember that game.

Go Pack Go!!

More important the pats will remember the loss to indi in the champiionship game last year...:cool:

Jim O'Dell
01-14-2008, 2:01 PM
Well, my 'Boys played like boys (or is that chumps? :D ), so I have to root for someone else from here on out. I'm open to the highest bidder. :D:D:D The pack will get the nod foR the NFC, and I like to root for the underdog, so I'll cheer for SD in the AFC. But I think we all know it's the Pat's year. Jim

Gary Keedwell
01-14-2008, 5:48 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/NewEnglandPatriots1.gif Go Pats
http://www.free-animations.co.uk/people/wizards/images/wizard_6.gif Patriot Power!!!!

Karl Laustrup
01-15-2008, 6:57 AM

Sundays game with the Giants could become Ice Bowl II. 5:30 kick off. Temps could be ZERO for a good part of the game.

Karl

Dick Rowe
01-15-2008, 8:07 AM
I was at the original Ice Bowl ... zero degrees would have felt tropical!;)

Greg Stanford
01-15-2008, 3:21 PM
I'm going to be so conflicted on Sunday for the Packers - Giants game, the local paper's calling it the "Magnolia Bowl". Brett's a home town boy from just up the road & I was at Southern MS when he played there. On the other hand, being a long time Saints fan & as one might imagine, not having much to show for it (last year is what we'll call an anomaly) I've always rooted for Archie's boys -hey, Saint's fans take what we can get. Guess I'll just hope for another great game. I've had more fun watching Farve play this year than I have since college & last week's game was just a hoot!

Jeff Bower
01-15-2008, 3:42 PM
Another vote for:
Go Pack Go!!

Phyllis Meyer
01-15-2008, 5:42 PM
Dick,

You were at THE GAME? Tell us more!

Sincerely,
Phyllis

Gary Keedwell
01-15-2008, 5:48 PM
Who did they play....who won??:confused:

Gary (go pats!!!!)

Bruce Page
01-15-2008, 7:53 PM
Phyllis, I stole your avatar, hope you don't mind. :D

Dick Rowe
01-16-2008, 3:19 AM
Phyliss,

Two weeks ago marked the 40th anniversary of the Ice Bowl and the local paper was looking for anyone who may have attended for an interview. I contacted them, and told them I still had my original ticket. They were real interested and sent a photographer to get my picture with the ticket.

I made the front page of the paper on the anniversary day... http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071230/WDH0101/712300513/1981

Some interesting things that never made the original article ...

The ticket is still in one piece which (according to a friend who collects tickets) is not unusual for that game. I recall that the ticket takers had big chopper mitts on, and no intention of taking them off to tear the tickets in half. I simply showed them the ticket and they waived me through. I folded it in half and stuck it in my pocket.

I actually had stashed it away for 30 years until the '96 team went to the Super Bowl. There was a lot of talk about the Ice Bowl at that time, and when I finally located my ticket from the attic, my wife had it framed with a picture of the winning play. I was actually in the end zone where that play took place. The temperature seemed to rise to room temperature in the stadium after that drive and eventual win!

The face price on the ticket is $10.00! $9.71 + $0.29 tax. I wonder what the prices are like for this weekends game, which is essentially the same game .. the one right before the Super Bowl? You probably can't even buy a beer at the stadium for $10.00;)

As a life-long Packer fan, it was an experience I will never forget.

Phyllis Meyer
01-16-2008, 10:32 AM
I can't believe it, we are going to Lambeau Field on Sunday!

Dick, as I read your post, and then the Wausau Daily Herald story, I just get goosebumps! How awesome! What a memory! We will be very careful with our tickets, (so they don't tear them) who knows what story will come out of this game!

I feel like a little kid getting ready for Christmas! I will take pictures if I can pull my fingers out of the gloves with hand warmers. We will be cooking chili at our tailgating spot. I don't drink, but I will have just as much fun as all the other fans!

Gary, you get my vote for the best graphics, you crack me up!:)

Sincerely,
Phyllis:D:)

Phyllis Meyer
01-16-2008, 6:26 PM
Bruce,

New Mexico fan...great!

Phyllis

P.S. Did everyone read Dick's experience at the Ice Bowl...pretty cool!

Gary Keedwell
01-17-2008, 7:18 PM
I can't believe it, we are going to Lambeau Field on Sunday!

Dick, as I read your post, and then the Wausau Daily Herald story, I just get goosebumps! How awesome! What a memory! We will be very careful with our tickets, (so they don't tear them) who knows what story will come out of this game!

I feel like a little kid getting ready for Christmas! I will take pictures if I can pull my fingers out of the gloves with hand warmers. We will be cooking chili at our tailgating spot. I don't drink, but I will have just as much fun as all the other fans!

Gary, you get my vote for the best graphics, you crack me up!:)

Sincerely,
Phyllis:D:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/evsac/Video/Birthday%20Smiley/congrats.gif

Phyl......Did I hear you got tickets?....you lucky dog..you!!!!:D
Have fun and hope the Packers win!!!

Gary

Tim Morton
01-17-2008, 9:18 PM
Phyliss,

Two weeks ago marked the 40th anniversary of the Ice Bowl and the local paper was looking for anyone who may have attended for an interview. I contacted them, and told them I still had my original ticket. They were real interested and sent a photographer to get my picture with the ticket.

I made the front page of the paper on the anniversary day... http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071230/WDH0101/712300513/1981

Some interesting things that never made the original article ...

The ticket is still in one piece which (according to a friend who collects tickets) is not unusual for that game. I recall that the ticket takers had big chopper mitts on, and no intention of taking them off to tear the tickets in half. I simply showed them the ticket and they waived me through. I folded it in half and stuck it in my pocket.

I actually had stashed it away for 30 years until the '96 team went to the Super Bowl. There was a lot of talk about the Ice Bowl at that time, and when I finally located my ticket from the attic, my wife had it framed with a picture of the winning play. I was actually in the end zone where that play took place. The temperature seemed to rise to room temperature in the stadium after that drive and eventual win!

The face price on the ticket is $10.00! $9.71 + $0.29 tax. I wonder what the prices are like for this weekends game, which is essentially the same game .. the one right before the Super Bowl? You probably can't even buy a beer at the stadium for $10.00;)

As a life-long Packer fan, it was an experience I will never forget.

they replayed that game on the NFL network last weekend before the pats game....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:eek::eek::eek:

Phyllis Meyer
01-18-2008, 1:07 PM
Thanks Gary, You are a great sport! Good luck to your team...I can't remember their name;)!

Phyllis

Shannon Seelig
01-20-2008, 10:53 AM
Just wanted to shout out to all of the Packer fans out there and say HI. Lets back the pack with everything we have today for a good victory!!! I am about 50 minutes west of Green Bay and it is EXTREMELY cold here. It should be a good game though. The Giants were on the local news last night getting off of the plane and they were shivering. I don't know if they are scared to play or if they were cold???!!!??? Time will tell.

GO PACK GO!!!!!!

Gary Keedwell
01-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Just wanted to shout out to all of the Packer fans out there and say HI. Lets back the pack with everything we have today for a good victory!!! I am about 50 minutes west of Green Bay and it is EXTREMELY cold here. It should be a good game though. The Giants were on the local news last night getting off of the plane and they were shivering. I don't know if they are scared to play or if they were cold???!!!??? Time will tell.

GO PACK GO!!!!!!
Super Bowl

Patriots VS. Packers?????

Randy Cohen
01-20-2008, 11:46 AM
I am a Giants fan and am pleasantly surprised they've gone as far as they have. I think the Pack is going to win because of the weather but otherwise I think the teams are evenly matched. Either way I hope the Patriots go down in the Super Bowl. And I hope the Chargers don't win today because that would make the Super Bowl a let down.

Greg Peterson
01-20-2008, 3:33 PM
Go Pack Go.

The temperature is the same for both teams. Favre has been sucessful in cold weather, but he doesn't particularly care for it. Giants aren't exactly a fair weather franchise themselves.

Imagine the SB actually being played at GB or NE? Now that would be spectacular. I think the SB should be played at EVERY NFL stadium, regardless the weather.

Al Willits
01-20-2008, 4:36 PM
I remember watching the vikes play in Met stadium years ago during a blizzard, well...I remember trying to watch them play, not sure if it was all that cold, but the snow was terrible, took almost two thermos's of peppermint schnapps and hot chocolate before it got enjoyable.. :D

Go Packers!!

Al

Greg Just
01-20-2008, 4:51 PM
Go Big Blue :D

How about those Giants 23-20!!!

Greg Peterson
01-21-2008, 12:16 AM
It was a good game. My brothers and I were entertained. There were many great plays and the better team won.

Good luck to NY in the SB.

Bruce Page
01-21-2008, 1:54 PM
It looked like the frigid cold effected Brett more than Eli. :(

Phyllis Meyer
01-21-2008, 4:04 PM
We had arctic gear on, face masks, hand & toe warmers...we actually simmered chili while tailgating. We had a cheese and sausage tray that froze in minutes, hot chocolate, and we enjoyed every moment!

It was a great season, and watching a great team (teams) was all worth it! The joy when the field goal didn't happen sending the game into overtime, to the defeat of the final one actually going through the goal posts right in front of us (I have the picture). There were two giants fans near us, and they were great sports as were we, I gave them a high five and said congratulations and one said, "this is great, your team and their fans are a class act"! Even though we would have much rather been known for the team playing the Patriots in the Super Bowl, I guess we'll settle for this. I'm proud of the team, and would go to Lambeau Field anytime...win or loose!

I will post some pictures!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Greg Peterson
01-21-2008, 5:32 PM
Phyllis - I'm envious of you.

We enjoyed the game from the relative comfort of my brother's place (big screen, HD). It was indeed a very good season with lots of great memories. It was disappointing to see the Packers not play well, but you have to give NY some credit for that. They effectively shut down the running game and our defense had a particularly bad series early in the third quarter.

Regardless, the Giants played the better game and deserve to be in the SB.

Can't wait to see your pictures.

Onward to next season. Go Pack Go!!

Matt Mutus
01-21-2008, 7:35 PM
It was a helluva a game. As is usually the case in OT, it came down to the first team making a mistake lost. One of those games where you hate to see either team lose.

I'm a big fan of Brett Favre and it will be a bummer whenever he hangs up the cleats.

Looking forward to the SB... I figure the Giants have as good a chance as anybody to rain of the parade of those perfect guys.

Gary Keedwell
01-21-2008, 8:49 PM
It was a helluva a game. As is usually the case in OT, it came down to the first team making a mistake lost. One of those games where you hate to see either team lose.

I'm a big fan of Brett Favre and it will be a bummer whenever he hangs up the cleats.

Looking forward to the SB... I figure the Giants have as good a chance as anybody to rain of the parade of those perfect guys.
18 games and nobody has rained on the Patriots, yet. I know I will get some flack for saying this but everybody at work was saying the same thing: Why weren't the Packers more conservative in overtime? Who was in charge, the coach or Favre? Why throw that softball up to be intercepted? ALL they had to do is run enough good plays to get to field goal position.
Don't get mad. We all just don't understand, that's all. Someone earlier in the season said they preferred Favre's cowboy slinging style instead of smart execution. OK. The Patriots run like a well oiled machine....but there is alot of practice and alot of smarts that go into it.
Anyways, the Packers fought gallantly, and all the fans can be very proud.:)
Gary

Bruce Page
01-21-2008, 9:03 PM
18 games and nobody has rained on the Patriots, yet. I know I will get some flack for saying this but everybody at work was saying the same thing: Why weren't the Packers more conservative in overtime? Who was in charge, the coach or Favre? Why throw that softball up to be intercepted? ALL they had to do is run enough good plays to get to field goal position.
Don't get mad. We all just don't understand, that's all. Someone earlier in the season said they preferred Favre's cowboy slinging style instead of smart execution. OK. The Patriots run like a well oiled machine....but there is alot of practice and alot of smarts that go into it.
Gary
Gary, I was shaking my head also, it was like they were in a rush to get into the warm locker room. I have to agree with you on all counts.

Greg Peterson
01-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Brady had three interception against the Pats and Favre only had two. I guess Brady wasn't executing smartly or he was being a cowboy?

There's a fine line between 'smart execution' and improvising. I don't know that the interception in OT was a bad play so much as it was a bad throw. These guys make it look easy, but all of us know that is not the case.

As for just running a few good plays, the Packers were struggling all game long. They had two, maybe three third down conversions. The running game was completely shut down by NY, and any passes completed behind the line of scrimmage were coming up as lost yardage on the play. NY was amazingly quick to the ball. The Packers didn't have a lot of offensive options. It was a good play, but a bad pass.

Should be a good SB. NY's defense is pretty impressive.

Gary Keedwell
01-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Greg Peterson;752146]Brady had three interception against the Pats and Favre only had two. I guess Brady wasn't executing smartly or he was being a cowboy?

Brady is going to the Super Bowl. Favre is going home.:rolleyes:;)

Gary

Mike Cutler
01-22-2008, 5:36 AM
Why weren't the Packers more conservative in overtime? Who was in charge, the coach or Favre? Why throw that softball up to be intercepted? ALL they had to do is run enough good plays to get to field goal position.
Gary

Gary.
In a big game you don't change the way you play. The Chargers found that out last season when they played NE in the playoffs. Their old coach played and conservative game and paid the price. Had SD played their normal game plan last year they would bounced our Pat's out of the playoffs.
Green Bay has lived and died off of Favre's arm for almost two decades. It's their strength.
You go with what you know.

Greg Peterson
01-22-2008, 12:16 PM
Brady is going to the Super Bowl. Favre is going home.:rolleyes:;)

Gary

I hope you are not representative of the typical Pat's fans.

Phyllis Meyer
01-22-2008, 4:33 PM
Hi Everyone, I promised pictures!

I'm in the green hat, husband in red, daughter in Packer gear, and her boyfriend next to her. The group picture is our close friends. Great time, would freeze again...can we have a do over?:)

Glenn Clabo
01-22-2008, 4:51 PM
How cool (no pun intended) is that!

Mark Rios
01-22-2008, 6:27 PM
Wow Phyllis, that's great. I can just about make out a nose on everyone's face. :D I was rooting for the packers but I think that the Pats will have an (somewhat) easier game now in the SB.

BTW, with you all so bundled up against the cold, did any of you happen to see the "Bikini Girls"? We saw them on TV. It was three girls in jeans (or maybe jeans shorts) and the all had on yellow bikini tops. This was around the 3rd or 4th quarter (IIRC). One of the booth announcers couldn't believe it, as well as most of us watching and probably those fans around them. I gotta believe their parts were freezing!!! :D Also, does anyone know if Tom Coughlin can feel his face yet? Boy-o-boy was his face pink/red with the cold. :D

Greg Peterson
01-22-2008, 6:43 PM
Looks like a fun time was had by all. It was a good game. Just had the wrong kind of ending.

Phyllis Meyer
01-22-2008, 6:53 PM
I should of had a picture of them and passed it off as me;) Even if I did look like that I'm still not sure I would have worn a bikini at 24 below:eek:!

Gary Keedwell
01-22-2008, 9:11 PM
I should of had a picture of them and passed it off as me;) Even if I did look like that I'm still not sure I would have worn a bikini at 24 below:eek:!

LOL Your a hot ticket Phyllis. I could have gotten tickets to the Pats game but LOML would have nothing to do with it.:rolleyes: She enjoys her creature comforts, I guess. I really wished that the Packers had won. Would have been a great SB.

Gary

Phyllis Meyer
01-23-2008, 3:54 PM
Gary,

I actually had to convince my husband to go...his argument...we can see it better on T.V., it will be 60-80 degrees warmer in the house...

We got home about 1:00 a.m., I actually watched the end of the game (die hard fan, had to see it on T.V. to really believe it happened:()

Ok, who thinks Favre will give it another year? I think he will.

Have a great day everyone!

Greg Peterson
01-23-2008, 5:46 PM
50/50 he comes back. May take a few months to decide. The longer he takes, the better the odds he comes back.

I think it just depends on if he can find the drive between game days.

I'd take him over any other QB that could be had. Even among the untouchable QB's in the league, I just don't see the same joy and passion that sets Favre above and beyond his peers.

Bruce Page
01-23-2008, 7:34 PM
Ok, who thinks Favre will give it another year? I think he will.

Have a great day everyone!

I don’t know. After the season he & the Pack have had Sunday’s performance had to be a huge letdown.