PDA

View Full Version : Cordless drill holder

John Branam
01-13-2008, 6:02 PM
I have een searching in vain to find some information on making "holsters," for lack of a better term, to stor my cordless drills. I remember seeing this in a magazine but I can not find the article. What I am trying to do is use pvc with a slot cut in it and attach it to the underside of a shelf. The slot lets you slide your drill in to the pvc pipe. I am trying to find the size of pipe that was used and how it was attached to the shelf. Any help is appreciated.

Jason Roehl
01-13-2008, 6:22 PM
I'd say take a look at your cordless with a tape measure--across the top of the "barrel", on the side of the "barrel", or diagonally, whichever is largest, and get the next size up of PVC pipe. I would guess it will end up being 3". The slot you would have to cut carefully so that it isn't tight to the handle, but isn't so large that the barrel falls through. For attaching the holster, just drill a couple holes in the PVC and use an appropriate screw with a head larger than the hole. One screw could be directly above the slot, the other you may have to drill a larger hole on the bottom side to allow access to the screw.