PDA

View Full Version : Osborne EB 3 Miter Gage

Dan Henry
01-13-2008, 12:14 PM
If the Osborne is good enough for Norm It must be good enough for me!! Before Christmas I was a local Rocker store and they had a Delta knock off of the Osborne on a Delta saw and tried to find it on the Delta site but could not find it. Look at the Osborne site and they had the EB 3 on sale for $109, ordered it and a it is is a great miter gage. Had trouble with the bar not adjusting to fit my saw slot Grizzly 1023 older model, they sent a new bar and it fits good and the gage is a joy to use.

I saw in an earlier NY show that Norm was using a EB2 but in the later shows he is using their EB 3, the EB 3 has red on the angle piece. The sand paper they include sure is coarse.

The sale price is now $118.95 plus shipping

Dan

Al Killian
01-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the info, Dan. I was looking at getting one when I get a tablesaw. It is always nice to hear first hand info on these.

Michael Gibbons
01-13-2008, 2:24 PM
Dan, Thats a pretty good price. I paid, I think, $169 about 2 years ago when Amazon still had them.

Rob Blaustein
01-13-2008, 2:32 PM
Sounds like a nice deal. I paid a lot more for mine a few yrs ago too. Overall I'm pretty happy with it but there are a few things about it that annoy me. I put the sticky sandpaper on the fence and invariably some rubs off and gouges the saw top a bit. So I have a bunch of little sand tracks on my saw. The other issue is that I can't simultaneously have it be accurate for 90 deg and 45 deg. If it is spot on at 90 and I want to switch to 45 I have to use my 45 deg triangle and adjust it using the fine adjust. I keep meaning to call them about it, but have been lazy and since it's rare that I need to quickly switch back and forth, I haven't felt pushed to contact them. It's also now confusing to figure who 'them' is.

Larry Anderson
01-13-2008, 5:31 PM
How about $99 here:
http://www.performancetoolcenter.com/50-eb3.html

Dennis Hatchett
01-13-2008, 6:01 PM
How about $99 here:
http://www.performancetoolcenter.com/50-eb3.html

I've never seen the EB3 for less than 150 until you guys shared these deals. Breaks my heart since I paid over 160 for mine a couple of years ago. But I still have no regrets after trying several different kinds and being disappointed. I love this one and have no plans to ever buy another one. This is a bargain for 99 bucks.

Larry Anderson
01-13-2008, 6:12 PM
Yeah, I know Dennis. I've been mulling it over for about a week now. Just can't decide if it would be better than my Incra 1000SE. Might be a nice addition to my new SC cab saw which is awesome.

Tracy Pardue
01-13-2008, 7:23 PM
my wife bought the Eb3 for me for Christmas to go with my Ridgid TS3650 and so far I really like it, far better than the gauge that comes with the TS 3650. this is my first post on this site so here we go!!!!

It was $109.00 on their website