PDA

View Full Version : Another cancellation fee question

Rich Stewart
01-13-2008, 12:16 AM
So, I'm figuring I am just going to go ahead and pay the fee. As I said Sprint did nothing wrong and I was only a few months into the contract. My own fault for not realizing it was 200 for EACH line. Now my next question is, can I send them, say, 50 bucks a month instead of the whole thing all at once? Seems like as long as they get their money it wouldn't matter how long it takes. Anybody have any experience in this area?

Thanks,

Rich

Brad Olson
01-13-2008, 1:35 AM
You can also sell your phone's you bought. Assuming they are decent phones, you actually can get more than you might think from them.

Yes you can pay over time, but you will have to pay the monthly "late fee" if sprint has one. If you pay over 3-4 months I would doubt sprint would send it to collections.

Jim Becker
01-13-2008, 9:38 AM
Utilities including wireless carriers can report into credit bureaus just like any other creditor. It doesn't have to go to collections for that to happen. Any bad news there could even affect other credit instruments in your wallet. You may be better served to pay them off with your lowest interest credit card and extend your payments that way.

David G Baker
01-13-2008, 9:48 AM
The monthly user fee may also be charged along with late fees and you would still have to pay the $400 if you do not make some pay-off arrangement with your supplier.
Jim's suggestion is probably the least expensive for you.

Matt Meiser
01-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Call Sprint and see if you can work something out with them.

Rich Stewart
01-13-2008, 6:22 PM
Thanks fellas. I'll give them a call and if I can't work anything out, I will pay them in full. I appreciate your time answering me.

Rich