PDA

View Full Version : How to square up a radial arm saw

Bob DiGiacomo
01-12-2008, 9:05 PM
Okay, I have a craftsman 10" radial arm saw and when the saw is locked into the zero position the saw does not cut at 90 degrees. Does anyone know if there is any adjustment and how to do it? The only thing I can think of is shimming the fence to make the saw cut straight.

Jim O'Dell
01-12-2008, 9:51 PM
Bob, there is a long process to square up the RAS. It starts with setting the motor shaft and table square to each other. If you need to do one alignment, you need to start from the first, and do each one in order. Something tells me the manual for your's is available on line. If you can't find one, let me know and I'll find mine and print it off for you, or scan it and email it to you. Jim.

stacey martin
01-12-2008, 9:51 PM
I used to have one but sold it years ago.(I bought it new in 1990) I remember that on the back side of the column there is 4 bolts you use, 2 on each side. You tighten up one side to move it but don't remember the sequence. I think if you tighten up the left side it pulls the arm to the right. If you get these bolts to tight you can't raise the arm up or down. Hope that helps, you might try sears for a manual
Stacey

Phillip Sisson
01-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Bob, this is the manual, pages 92 thru 97
http://www.owwm.com/MfgIndex/PubDetail.asp?ID=222&PubID=1325