PDA

View Full Version : Help-Tech Support-Epilog Mini 24-Anyone?

James Wright
01-12-2008, 6:32 PM
:( My 2 month old Epilog Mini 24 - 45 watt.....is telling me "x/y disabled y" I'm working on a major job...hope this doesn't mean something is really broke...upgraded two days ago latest firmware and drivers....everything worked fine....I've rebooted a bunch....doesn't change....Epilog Laser tech support I guess doesn't work on week-ends....what's that all about....we new lasers never take week-ends off :).

Joe Pelonio
01-12-2008, 6:44 PM
Is the head at the home 0,0 position when it boots? When off, does the head move freely? That could be several things, if you search someone else had that problem a while back and had to manually lower the table as I recall. It could be a jam that causes it to error to protect the y motor.

James Wright
01-12-2008, 7:06 PM
Yes the head moves freely.....it was trying to auto focus when it just stop...it didn't jam or anything...I did lower the table manually....and pushed it back to the home location....when rebooting...a couple of times in went pass the Mini 24 message...and all the way to "Job" but when I sent a job to it...nothing....and the keypad won't do anything...like turn x/y off...etc.

Doug Griffith
01-12-2008, 7:36 PM
I've never heard of this happening but maybe the auto focus plunger is stuck or the sensor is malfunctioning. If that's the last action that worked, I'd start there. It's fairly easy to remove.

James Wright
01-12-2008, 7:50 PM
Checked that...it is okay...I guess my "Y" motor is gone to the big "Y" motor in the sky....is that something I can replace? or is it a tech visit....no matter how many boots...nothing takes it off the "X/Y Disabled Y" message...hey thanks guys....have a nice rest of the week-end....

Joe Pelonio
01-12-2008, 7:57 PM
I think it's like my legend 24tt, the y motor is under the table on the right side, pretty easy to get to. I'm afraid you have to wait until Monday for help if it's the motor. Epilog repairs are almost all "do it yourself". They ship you the part and instructions.

Joe Hayes
01-12-2008, 8:12 PM
Checked that...it is okay...I guess my "Y" motor is gone to the big "Y" motor in the sky....is that something I can replace? or is it a tech visit....no matter how many boots...nothing takes it off the "X/Y Disabled Y" message...hey thanks guys....have a nice rest of the week-end....

Check to make sure your Y motor does not have a loose connection. Even if it seems plugged - unplug and replug.

Tim Bateson
01-12-2008, 9:27 PM
I agree with Joe. Worked for me.

Ryan Sprole
01-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Before you boot the machine bring the head to the middle of thr table. Turn it on and it should roll back to find the Y. Than move left to find X. If it doesn't move at all when you boot up than you may have a problem. Also disconnect it from the cpu and try to boot again when your not connected.

Ryan

Peter Zacarelli
01-12-2008, 10:10 PM
This problem has happened on my mini 18 a few times. It always happens when the auto focus plunger misses the piece being engraved and either the table jams (going up too high) or the belt slipped off when the table jammed from going up too high. Your problem does not sound like you have a table jam but if you can pull the belt freely then make sure the belt is actually on all wheels all the way.

Stephen Beckham
01-12-2008, 11:16 PM
James,

When it was autofocusing - did it sound like it ground to a halt while it was coming up? Do you have your ruler up and it's stopping the deck from coming up? If so - that'll do it every time when focusing on a thin item like plastic.

Experience talking... Oh and if that's it - you'll do it again... Don't be ashamed...:rolleyes:

Peck Sidara
01-14-2008, 12:18 PM
James,

Did you get if fixed with the suggestions posted? I sound like a broken record but contact tech support (if you haven't already done so this morning) and they'll have you up and running no later than tomorrow morning. 303.215.9171