PDA

View Full Version : High-voltage connectors

Dan Hintz
01-12-2008, 12:45 PM
This one is probably aimed more towards Chinese machine owners...

Anyone come across some high-voltage, single-pin, press-fit connectors for the tube anodes/cathodes? I will most likely end up making my own from some silicone tubing, but if there's an easier solution out there... I know they exist, I just haven't found any purchasable in onesies and twosies so far.

Brad Knight
01-12-2008, 1:22 PM
I have always had good luck finding just about any kind of connector I needed at Allied Electronics... not always the cheapest, but good selection and you can order as few or as many as you need. (alliedelec.com)

pete hagan
01-12-2008, 2:45 PM
Why? I would want a more secure connection to a high frequency power source than some standard molex connector. Not saying there are not suitable connectors out there but you would have to modify every tube which is a solder connection now...why??

Pete

Dan Hintz
01-12-2008, 5:55 PM
Pete, I assume you meant high-voltage and not high-frequency...

The tubes are not currently solder connections, they're simply a wire sticking out. A quality connector would be able to grab onto this without issue.

At the moment I'm looking at a fairly standard molex pin with some silicone tubing over it.