PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a makita LS0714?

David Christopher Robinson
01-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on this saw. Contemplating on purchasing this or the Bosch 4410. The makita seems pretty basic without the bells and whistles of the bosch but i've read that they are pretty accurate and reliable. The price seems pretty high for such a basic mitre saw.

Thanks

Eric Haycraft
01-12-2008, 2:44 AM
I have a 10 inch Makita. It is hard to go wrong with a Makita SCMS, they are really well built and accurate. Personally, I would explore the 10 inch model. It looks like it is only about 50 bucks more online for that size compared to the 7.5.
As far as the bells and whistles..they probably don't matter that much. Things like the laser line are sometimes given away for free when you buy a new blade and people got by for decades without them. They are only like 25 bucks anyway. If you have enough shop lighting, the onboard light will probably never get used either. You are also more likely to see the 10 inch go on sale if you are patient. You can also look for factory reconditioned models online and possibly save around $100. Also, when looking at Makitas, sometimes the newer models with all the bells and whistles are cheaper online, so make sure to check every related model for the cheapest price.

my $0.02