PDA

View Full Version : New shop buildout and Gorilla install

John Canfield
01-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Just got my 2HP super Gorilla installed today. Next is the duct work :eek: Slowly the new 30x50 shop is coming together. Pictures here: http://gallery.janeandjohn.org/main.php?g2_itemId=1812

-=John=-

Mike Heidrick
01-11-2008, 11:33 PM
John love the pictures of your shop and also like your tractor. Congratulations. Were some of those boxes your ductwork as well?

Bob Feeser
01-12-2008, 12:29 AM
What's not to like, bright, airy, spacious, nice new equipment, plenty of space. Nice shop, keep us posted with the enhancements. Congrats on the shop.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-12-2008, 12:30 AM
John....I wished I had your tractor! I've got a Gorilla to install. Nice installation. Great shop!

Greg Just
01-12-2008, 8:34 AM
WOW - very impressive set up including the tractor. Someday..........:D

John Canfield
01-12-2008, 8:40 AM
Appreciate the kind comments! The boxes contained only the Gorilla and when I took the picture, Mr. UPS only delivered six of the eight. The other two arrived the next day. The box with the motor weighed 86 pounds and there were two guys on the truck - I assume two guys due to the weight? Dunno.. Every part arrived in literally perfect condition - Oneida has packaging down to a fine art and/or UPS was having a good week when they handled my boxes :D

The Gorilla was quite heavy and just awkward due to the dimensions. I think if I didn't have the loader available to lift it in place, I would make an A-frame and use a come-a-long to hoist it in place.

Of course I had to fire the thing up after installation, and I was very pleasantly surprised at the noise level. It makes maybe a third or half of the noise of my old Jet 2HP bag collector I had in the previous shop.

The build quality was excellent and everything went together and fitted properly. The dimensions I used when planning the footprint for the DC were spot-on and it fit exactly in the space I marked off on the shop floor.

This time around I wanted a remote control for the DC and what a great 75 buck option! It will be wonderful to have the on/off switch clipped on my belt :o

Next is the not so easy job of duct planning and installation :eek:

-=John=-

Jim Becker
01-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Nice looking shop building, John...you have a lot of wonderful flexibility there!