PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Dado??

Robert foster
01-11-2008, 9:30 PM
Has anyone used the $50.00 Grizzly Dado. If so what do you think of it? I need a dado but can't afford $200.00 for a really good one.

Thanks

Bob

Chuck Lenz
01-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Freud SD208

glenn bradley
01-11-2008, 10:12 PM
It's been discussed here as "OK". If you just need something to cut dados and they don't need to be furniture quality, it should do fine. It is a bit heavy with the full plate chippers so check your saws ability to run dado stacks and the recommended model (the manufacturer will recommend their own of course but you can compare the weights, etc.).

If you want something for dados that will show, your router and a straight edge will do a better job. You can knock out one of these pretty quickly to help: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=46406

Eric Haycraft
01-12-2008, 1:57 AM
I have it. For the $ it does cut fairly well. Mine threw a tooth on an 1/8 chipper the first time I used it, so I wasn't impressed with the quality - of course they supplied one more 1/8th than I could fit on my arbor, so it wasn't a big deal.
It cuts fairly clean and flat, but not as nice as my dadonator - but that was 4 times the cost.