PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Mini 18

Jared Greenberg
01-11-2008, 7:35 PM
I might be looking to purchase this particular model for engraving the barrels of baseball bats as discussed in previous thread(s).

I chose Epilog for several reasons. Ease of set up, support less than an hour away, messages on this form.

I know someone had mentioned that I could do bats with this machine, but does it have the front bypass like the other Epilogs that I could stick the barrel of the bat into and engrave?

FYI, cost is $11, 995 CDN for this model @ 25 Watts.

Would this wattage be fine?

Peter Zacarelli
01-12-2008, 11:05 PM
This is the same machine that I have. You could do almost anything that the higher wattage systems could do just at a slower speed. The only thing I haven't tried yet is the Iconic Metals, I hear they need at least 35-45 watts but I'm not even sure if that is a true statement. I'm sure there might be other materials that might need a higher wattage, perhaps members here can fill you in. People are going to advise you that if you going into business then speed is important. I would agree with that statement. However if business is that good that you need all that speed than maybe you will be able to afford the higher wattage or another machine ;)

David James
01-13-2008, 10:11 AM
I have had the M-18 35-watt for 4 months and love it. Easy to use, runs like a top. Engraves like a champ. The only thing I wish I did was buy the rotary attachment when I ordered the machine. I have barrowed one and I loved it, I did glass wear and it came out great. So I just ordered one yesterday.
Two things about the machine I wish it had. One, a counter or timer that estimated how long it would take to run the project, two the rotary attachment sits sideways so you cant have anything sticking out the front like a baseball bat (something your not supposed to do anyways.) I have wanted to do bats myself but the size of the machine won’t allow it.
Overall, the machine was a great investment and I really enjoy working on it. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Jared Greenberg
01-13-2008, 11:24 AM
I don't need a rotary attachment for the bats. They just need to stick out the front, lay flat, and be engraved in a small area. I would lay 5 or 6 at a time side by side and engrave all at same time.