PDA

View Full Version : New table saw fence question

Jack Porter
01-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Set up my new TS the other night (a pretty straight forward and relatively painless 3 hours), a JET JWTS-10cw2, got it for $390 at rocker, thought it was a good deal. Anyway, after setting up the jet fence the lock lever doesn't seem to fully engage. The lever depresses about half way down, where other fences I've used have fully locked. I've used the fence and it's stable and doesn't shift out of alignment, just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this.

Chuck Lenz
01-11-2008, 1:35 PM
Just a guess, but I had the same problem with my Unifence at one time. The left and right alignment screws were pushing the fence too far away from the rail not leting the cam fully lock. I learned the hardway and had to buy a new lock bar thats fits in the rail because I broke it.

Lee Schierer
01-11-2008, 3:12 PM
I'm not familiar witht eh Jet fence, but on some saws the locking handle twists to adjust the grip of the locking mechanism. Perhaps yours is adjsuted a bit too tight.

Jack Porter
01-11-2008, 4:07 PM
thanks guys, I'll check on both of these

Dave Falkenstein
01-11-2008, 4:09 PM
I think your fence is the Jet t-square variety. You can loosen the two adjusting screws (on the two spring steel arms) equally and the lever will go further down.