PDA

View Full Version : Just Jioned ! Hello everyone .

pete skjold
01-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Hello Everyone ,

Just Jioned here and I am having a lot of fun checking out all the posts .

About me , I am a full-time instrument maker ( Luthier ) and I specialize in bass guitars . If anyone would like to know more please feel free to contact me . I am especially interested in meeting people in the Dallas area as well as Ohio where I will be moving my operations in June .

Thanks for such a great forum ,

Pete

Sam Yerardi
01-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi Pete

Welcome aboard! I live in southern Ohio. Luthiery is on my list. I focus on furniture but I've been wanting to try my hand at building a guitar. A friend of mine builds mandolins and has been talking to me about it.

pete skjold
01-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Very cool , I plan on hosting get-togethers for my customers but all who have interest are welcome . I will be living in Nellie Village just outside of Warsaw . I love furniture too and I hope to add that to my project list .

Pete

Jim Becker
01-11-2008, 2:32 PM
Welcome, Pete. And there are actually a number of folks here that play bass, either for real or at sometime in the past 'cause somebody needed to do it... ;) LOL

Sam Yerardi
01-11-2008, 2:36 PM
There's a great lumber place (Brenneman Lumber, 740-397-0573) about 20-30 mi west of where you'll be. I just bought some beech from them.

Jim O'Dell
01-11-2008, 4:07 PM
Welcome Pete. Good to have you here, even if you are from the otherside of the metroplex! :DJim.

Chris Padilla
01-11-2008, 5:40 PM
I like to eat bass but I dunno about fish guitars. :confused:

:D

Welcome aboard...nice to have a luthier around...love watching you guys work!

pete skjold
01-12-2008, 1:26 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys ! Like I said , this is a great forum . Yet another forum to stay up late to . My wife will be so happy :D

Pete

Ken Fitzgerald
01-12-2008, 2:09 PM
Welcome to the Creek Pete! I'm an old 60's rocker. I'm sitting here looking at my Fender Power Jazz bass. Since going deaf in my right ear, I don't play much anymore. Scared of damaging what hearing I have left.