PDA

View Full Version : New tool gloat!

Jeff Skory
02-27-2004, 11:39 PM
My Grizzly came today!! Didn't take long at all to put it together. Adjusting the rollers took a little longer. Nice and quiet and sure cuts nice. I have only made a couple of experimental cuts, curves, made sure everything was square.

I am now ready to cut out that oval base for the table I have half finished.

(now if only I had a mortising machine.... :D )

Ken Fitzgerald
02-27-2004, 11:44 PM
I'm jealous! That's the only major tool I need now. Enjoy!

Tyler Howell
02-28-2004, 12:02 AM
You Go Jeff.

Byron Trantham
02-28-2004, 9:59 AM
Looks good. I know you will get good use from it. Congratulations.

Jim Young
02-28-2004, 10:35 AM
Congrats. So are you going to start making some of those bandsawn boxes?

Jeff Skory
02-28-2004, 11:19 AM
Congrats. So are you going to start making some of those bandsawn boxes?

I'm sure I'll get around to those sooner or later. There are just soooo many things to learn and build in this great hobby. :)

Jim Becker
02-28-2004, 11:23 AM
Ah, yes...nothing like a new tool to get the blood flowing for a weekend of fun and frolic! Congratulations...and enjoy!

Chris Padilla
03-01-2004, 11:08 AM
Nice, Jeff...very nice. I am officially in the market for a BS now but I just gotta figure out what I really need.

Do you plan to add the extender/riser block?

Donnie Raines
03-01-2004, 11:10 AM
Me likes that new color. Kinda makes it look like "the other" company on the market....... :D

DonnieR

Kent Cori
03-01-2004, 2:30 PM
Jeff,

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. Add a few Timberwolf blades and you'll have an unbeatable combination. The blade supplied is mediocre at best. However, if you're contemplating the riser block, make sure you get one before investing in a bunch of blades that are too short.

Jeff Skory
03-01-2004, 7:03 PM
I actually ordered and received the riser blocks at the same time as the saw. I have not installed them yet. Figured I would get used to a bandsaw before I worry about resawing tall wood.

I didn't realize that adding the risers caused you to need a different sized blade. Glad you mentioned that Kent.

So far I don't have a problem with the blade that came with the saw, but then again I don't have anything to compare it against.