PDA

View Full Version : Steel City Band Saw Gloat

Mike McCann
01-10-2008, 10:44 PM
I just picked up my band saw today from Woodcraft. It is the 14" saw with the granite table this is my first bandsaw. Very nice saw it went together in about an hour. Did not have to do any major tuning to get everything in working order. It was near perfect out of the box. Here are a couple of pics.

Mike McCann
01-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Here it is all together

Jon Bonham
01-10-2008, 10:55 PM
That room look way to nice to bandsaw in. :D If you don't mind me asking, what's the ballpark on a unit like that?

Mike Marcade
01-10-2008, 11:04 PM
That room look way to nice to bandsaw in.

Thats where the mobile base comes into play. :D

Mike McCann
01-10-2008, 11:09 PM
That is my basement I finished last year I have not put it in my storage area/workshop in the corner of the basement. Need to find the right spot, clean up the area and post a pic of my shop.

As far as the price the table was 790 before the 75 dollar rebate. It was a little more expensive then some of the other 14 in bandsaws however this one comes with the wheels to move it around also has the fence and resaw guide to that saves about 200 dollars in extras. The saw is also 1.5 hp.

here is the link for the saw at the steel city site

http://www.steelcitytoolworks.com/products_tools.cfm?section=2&category=2&tool=50100G

Nancy Laird
01-11-2008, 8:41 AM
Mike, Congrats on the new SC band saw. I predict that you will LOVE the granite table on it. We saw those in Vegas last year and they look pretty spiffy.

You said "Very nice saw it went together in about an hour. Did not have to do any major tuning to get everything in working order. It was near perfect out of the box." That is exactly what SCTW is trying to do--keep purchaser assembly to a minimum and make sure that the machines are plug-in ready out of the crate.

Let us know how you like it after a month or so.

Nancy