PDA

View Full Version : Installing Bench Dog Pro Max on contractor's saw

Jon Nelson
01-10-2008, 10:32 PM
I'm having trouble installing a Bench Dog Pro Max router table in place of the left extension wing on my Jet 708100 contractor's saw. The instructions say you should have a bolt in each of the holes -- duh! -- two flat washers, one lock washer, and a nut. The problem is they don't tell or show you the order of each component. Do you put a bolt and flat washer inside the router table and then another flat washer and lock washer on the outside, where the table meets the table saw? And where does the nut go? My extension wing is just bolted to the table saw and there doesn't appear to be any room for nuts.

Any advice/suggestions?

Thanks.

glenn bradley
01-10-2008, 10:46 PM
If your table is threaded, flat washer on the Pro Max, lockwasher on the flat washer, bolt through both. The rest are spare parts that a different type of install would use. I don't have one, this is a general guess. Folks that do . . .???

Eric Haycraft
01-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Didn't they give you three square 'washers' with the hole offset to one side? Those should be all that you need if your contractor saw has threaded holes for the wing. The rest is just extra in case your didn't have a threaded hole. (Unless they changed how you mount it in the last year or so)

Edit..
I just grabbed the directions. If you have a three bolt mount (like mine), you use three of the rectangular washers. If you have a 4 bolt, the outer two bolts get two washers each (4 total), and the inner two bolts get the rectangular washers.

Jon Nelson
01-11-2008, 9:29 AM
I've got a four-hole pattern, so the middle two get the rectangular washers. Where do the lock washers go -- between the bolt head and the washers? It doesn't seem they'd do much if they go on the other side of the flat washers.

Thanks.

Mike Marcade
01-11-2008, 9:51 AM
You got it. Between the bolt head and the washers.

Eric Haycraft
01-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Per the instructions, they aren't used in this case. You can put the lock washers on, but they won't do any good (the regular washer can spin, so there is nothing firm for them to grab into anyway).
Bare in mind that they give you a lot of extra parts, so don't worry about what is left over.

Jon Nelson
01-12-2008, 1:21 AM
Thanks to everyone for the advice. I got the Pro Max installed today and it looks great. Can't wait to start using it.